Posted 20 January 2021 - 04:29 PM

Sounds like a good place for an "ARE YOU SURE?" pop-up

#12 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 20 January 2021 - 09:53 PM

View Postroeter, on 20 January 2021 - 03:21 PM, said:

One function which I would like very much is a "copy rot" but without the elevation. When placing objects next to the track, like signs, gantries etc., these objects do not 'bend over' on tracks which have an elevation value. They do align horizontaly, but stand up straight. So it would be very nice to have a function to copy horizontal rotation but not the elevation value.

Yep. That's essential for bridge supports, power poles, etc. Copy the pos+rot with the button, paste in Notepad to zero out Q1 and Q3, and then re-copy to the clipboard...

View Postroeter, on 20 January 2021 - 03:21 PM, said:

One function I could well do without, and be very glad to get rid of, is the "reset rot" button for track pieces. Like Dave, I use the "copy pos+rot" button very often to place all kind of stuff - berms, bridges, platforms etc. But a slight slip of the finger can cause activation of "Reset rot" instead of "copy pos+rot", for that button is just next to it. When a track piece is selected and this button is accidently activated, the track rotation will be reset, regardless of a "yellow line" or not. Worse, there is no 'undo' for this action - ^Z does not reset the trackpiece after this action. So you have to remove the track, work out the elevation and reinstate the track, with all related selection and scrolling to get it selected as item to place - pure waste of time.

I've yet to need the Reset Rot button, but have gone thru the same frustration on the ^Z when accidentally hit X for a piece without Z'ing first... it does more or less the same thing -- yellow line stays put, but the track piece remains at 0 0 0 1 and won't recover it's rotation.

#13 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:48 AM

Undo can be supported here too.

#14 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

Posted 21 January 2021 - 02:00 AM

I confirmed that Tangent works just fine, so I've made a new version available on DigitalRails.com

See thread at http://www.elvastowe...ent-30-released and feel free to ask any related support question there.

#15 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

Posted 27 February 2021 - 07:18 PM

View Posteolesen, on 19 January 2021 - 08:42 PM, said:

There's a property missing on the object edit panel when you're working with the Signal object type.

StaticDetailLevel is a valid property for anything that's displayed via a shapefile, since the objects should be able to be filtered in/out at runtime for performance improvement independently of the interactive's function. I'd think that LevelCr would also have that since there's a corresponding shapefile to the interactive.

Fortunately, if you manually edit a signal object that's already defined in the W file, TSRE is preserving the declared value.

I can manage manually, but adding that to the edit panel it's something that should be considered longer term.

This sort of got lost in the conversation about editing shape names and rotation values....

Can you look into this?

I also posted this at your support forum...

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users