• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DBTrack: any tsection.dat ? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   PTrains87 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 December 2020 - 08:19 AM

Hello folks, I've came accross the DB Tracks made by Norbert Rieger and I was interested to use them for a new route, however I have realized that there is no tsection.dat for them.
On his website it explain how to replace the normal tracks with them, so if I'm not mistaken it explain how to replace the current tracks for a route with DB Tracks. But what about starting a new route from scratch by using the DB Tracks directly?

I've downloaded all the packaged but there is no trace of tsection.dat, and TSRE5 is looking for a tsection.dat in order to read and create a new route.

Any advice on how to proceed?

Thanks and regards

#2 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 29 December 2020 - 09:20 AM

Basically, when using DBTracks (or its US counterpart, as I do), you place an ordinary Xtracks piece, and then edit the shapename to a DBTracks piece. In TSRE this is actually quite easy

#3 User is offline   PTrains87 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 December 2020 - 09:27 AM

View Postebnertra000, on 29 December 2020 - 09:20 AM, said:

Basically, when using DBTracks (or its US counterpart, as I do), you place an ordinary Xtracks piece, and then edit the shapename to a DBTracks piece. In TSRE this is actually quite easy

So basically what you are saying is that I should use Xtracks to make DB Tracks working, right?
Like using XTracks, laying down some track section and then rename them with the DB Tracks shape name as pretty much what Norbert was explaining in his website, am I understanding this correctly?

I thought you could use them without any Xtracks or stuff, but I think I was wrong.

Thanks for the answer anyway

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users