• You cannot reply to this topic

UK Signals with approach control Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Seshey 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 27 December 2020 - 05:45 AM

Hi All
I am having troubles getting the Approach Control on diverging signals working using UK signals. From what I can see the 'feathers' are separate signal types to actual signal and these are 'added' together using the signal shape in the sigcfg file. I have tried a number of options putting the new syntax on both the signal and feather window type but none of these work. I am also struggling to work out how the script would work and my first attempts cause issues with crashing of the sim. Has anyone managed to get this to work and if so could the relevant cfg and scr files be issued.
Thanks in advance
Happy New Year to everyone

#2 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 28 December 2020 - 07:23 AM

View PostSeshey, on 27 December 2020 - 05:45 AM, said:

Hi All
I am having troubles getting the Approach Control on diverging signals working using UK signals. From what I can see the 'feathers' are separate signal types to actual signal and these are 'added' together using the signal shape in the sigcfg file. I have tried a number of options putting the new syntax on both the signal and feather window type but none of these work. I am also struggling to work out how the script would work and my first attempts cause issues with crashing of the sim. Has anyone managed to get this to work and if so could the relevant cfg and scr files be issued.
Thanks in advance
Happy New Year to everyone

Hi, sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to do.
But here a very simple use of Approach_Control_Position_forced( ).
..._forced you can use if there is an other Signal between this Signal and the Train

if (!enabled ||(!approach_control_position_forced(1500) && sig_feature(SIGFEAT_USER1))) //öffnet erst wenn Zug 1500m vor Signal ist
		{
			state = SIGASP_STOP;
			draw_state =0;			
		}
		else if .....

This Signal stay at Stop until !Enabled is true OR (!approach_control_position_forced(1500) && sig_feature(SIGFEAT_USER1)) is true, this means, that the Train is not nearer the 1500m to that Signal.
Perhaps this simple example can help You for a first step?

Regards
EugenR

#3 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 29 December 2020 - 10:38 AM

Approach control for UK signals was cleverly done by Tony Formoso for commercial routes by EB and MT. I haven't seen these types of scripts in any other UK routes!

The signals should be one shape and reading one script. There are UK signals that have one shape but reading two scripts. I have managed AC for 'calling on' and shunt signals but not for diverging routes because of the type of signals in use on UK routes. I believe it can be done, but I lack the experience for scripting these type of signals. Ideally, the following should apply for four aspect signals :-

1. Reduction of 30 mph or more. Signal kept at danger to around 250 yards.
2. Reduction of 25 mph to 15 mph. Signal kept at one yellow to around 250 yards.
3. Reduction of 10 mph. Signal kept at two yellows to around 250 yards.
3. Reduction of 5 mph or none. No approach control.

Signals with flashing yellows allow a higher approach speed. So from 110 mph to a 30 mph crossover, the diverging signal is always set for one yellow with a route indicator.

Thanks

#4 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 30 December 2020 - 05:42 AM

It was indeed possible to create approach control using dummy signals and playing with the "SignalNumClearAhead" values, but clearly it can now be done much more easily using the approach_control functions as Eugen has described.

As for the script for the feathers - these are none-normal signal additions, and the correct state can be set by just checking the state of the 'main' normal signal.
Assuming 'link' is used to define the route for which the feather applies, the following script will work just fine.

state = SIGASP_STOP;

if (routeset && this_sig_lr(SIGFN_NORMAL) !=# SIGASP_STOP)
   {
      state = SIGASP_CLEAR_2;
   }

draw_state = def_draw_state (state);

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#5 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 30 December 2020 - 10:50 AM

View Postroeter, on 30 December 2020 - 05:42 AM, said:

It was indeed possible to create approach control using dummy signals and playing with the "SignalNumClearAhead" values, but clearly it can now be done much more easily using the approach_control functions as Eugen has described.

Rob

Is it now possible to hold just the current signal at danger and not signals in front of the approach control signal?

Thanks

#6 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 30 December 2020 - 03:12 PM

Yes, approach control only works on the signal for which it is activated (it can either be a specific signal or can be set on/off through a user flag).
Signals in front will, ofcourse, show the appropriate aspect (e.g. yellow if approach control holds signal at danger).

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#7 User is offline   Seshey 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 03 January 2021 - 10:25 AM

Thanks All
I am playing around with this now and will see if I can get a set of UK signals to work.

#8 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:24 PM

View PostSeshey, on 03 January 2021 - 10:25 AM, said:

Thanks All
I am playing around with this now and will see if I can get a set of UK signals to work.

Have you made any progress on this ?

Thanks

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users