New type of animated sub-shapes Cooling fans, etc. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 25 December 2020 - 09:20 PM

Member UranGS posted such question 2years ago:

Hello guys, everyone! My question is not about 3D Cab, but next to it. The question is whether it is possible to add the function of a diesel locomotive with new keys, by rotating the diesel shaft, that is, to start the diesel, rotate the shafts or rotate the fans on the external model, regardless of the movement of the locomotive, turn it on. or off To turn on the toggle switch or the button in the 3D cabin and in the external model, the shaft of the diesel engine began to rotate so that the diesel engine could be started in any part of the locomotive. Or does it add a lot of programming problems.? Sorry in advance for my English, thanks.

He, likely, mentioned uncovered (just fenced) transmissions between the prime mover and auxiliary machines inside a diesel room of the locomotives; and as well, cooling-fans at diesel- and electrohauler's cases.
First's rotation is related with diesel's krankshaft revolution (i.e. wether diesel is running or no)
The second's action is, obviously, related with water or oil temperature (just on/off or variable), or, like third's - is turned on/off manually.
As well, the fans can start rotating with speed, proportional to load, when the ED brakes are engaged, if they are designed to blow air thru the EDB's rheostats (as they are included at the common circuit with resistors, i.e. are supplied with the same electric power from exaltaed TM, consuming a part of DB-generated energy, so the cooling performance follows brake intensivity);
or can be automatically turned on at their low speed alongwith TM engaging, then switched to hi-speed at higher loads. Maybe, in modern systems there is continious speed variation - I don't know yet.

In fact, due to lack of animation's type variants, that was inherited from MSTS, the fan's rotation on our models, nowadays is linked to wheels, what is not prototypic.
It's need to add, that the cooling sections has blinds (shutters), that are animated now only for manual operation, as unused "mirrors" sub-objects.

We have a triple question so far:
-new animation types introduction needed: for DBR's, TM's, Manually-engaged types of cooling fans; and automatic/manually operated shutters.
-scripting for automatic cooling system's behavior (there are some parameters now, but advance is needed) and
-new cab-controls with two types of sound triggers (one-shot click and looped moan with start/stop pieces) for fans operation.
Yet, fan's control can be switchable between "off", "auto on/off" and "manual on".

#2 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Openrails

Posted 26 December 2020 - 12:49 AM

View PostWeter, on 25 December 2020 - 09:20 PM, said:

In fact, due to lack of animation types, inherited from MSTS, the fan's rotation is linked to wheels, what is not prototypic.

You can also add animations within Freight Animation objects. I have done this with external cooling fans. The speed is not then dependant on wheel speed but is constant, controlled by the animation parameters in the .s file.

Geoff

#3 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer

Posted 26 December 2020 - 02:08 AM

Merry Christmas to you too Weter!

Here is the link to the relevant topic.

http://www.elvastowe...__fromsearch__1

#4 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer

Posted 26 December 2020 - 05:04 AM

View PostWeter, on 26 December 2020 - 03:43 AM, said:

Спасибо, Джефф!

Это мое удовольствие

#5 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 26 December 2020 - 05:10 AM

You mean наздоровье?
Touched my heart;
Accepted :)
I've sent to him your link.

#6 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 26 December 2020 - 04:47 PM

View PostWeter, on 25 December 2020 - 09:20 PM, said:

Member UranGS posted such question 2years ago:

I think, it was about uncovered (just fenced) transmissions between engine and auxiliary machines inside diesel room of the locomotives, and about cooling fans at diesel- and electrohaulers.
First's rotating is linked with diesel's krankshaft rotation (i.e. wether diesel is running or no)
The second's linked with water or oil temperature, or, like third's is turned on/off manually.
As well, the fans can start rotating with speed, proportional to load, when ED brakes are engaged, if they intended to blow air thru EDB's rheostats;
or can auto-turn on at low speed with TM and switch to hi-speed at higher loads. Maybe, in modern systems there is continious speed variation-I don't know yet.

In fact, due to lack of animation types, inherited from MSTS, the fan's rotation is linked to wheels, what is not prototypic.
The cooling sections has blinds(shutters), animated for manual operation as unused "mirrors" sub-objects as well.

We have a triple question so far:
-new animation types introduction,
-scripting for automatic cooling systems behavior and
-new cab controls with two types of sound triggers (one-shot click and looped moan with start/stop pieces) for fans operation.
Yet, fan's control can be switchable between "off", "auto on/off" and "manual on".

All this looks impressive! Why not add a Trello card to let us vote on it?

#7 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer

Posted 27 December 2020 - 12:51 AM

View PostWeter, on 26 December 2020 - 08:33 PM, said:

We have to learn, how to do that, I think, could be an answer.
I humble ask someone, who found that offer useful, to bring sayed ideas to Trello for all of us.

Here's how to submit a Trello Card.

#8 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer

Posted 27 December 2020 - 06:18 PM

View PostWeter, on 27 December 2020 - 01:39 AM, said:

If I understood it right, all we have to have is just an email - for sending simple requests with subject defined to address, that James specified, am I right?

Yes sir!

#9 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 28 December 2020 - 06:25 PM

Well, I thought all about that, and this question I'd bring for discussion now:
To post something to Trello looks like pure-technic action: I should paste text to three empty slots and click "Send" button, but...
Although it's unambiguous totally about an address (James pointed to it), the subject's title (head) and a content of the main part (body) are up to me for design.

So I ask to participate the design process, for:
-Offering the "winning" variant for title;
-Composing maximally brief, but informative and clear text for that request;
-Combine multiple points of view, for making that corresponding to plural awaitings,
which, in total, would attract all interested persons for showing their "thumbs up" to it.

Any ideas?
Then, I'll prepair a project and post it below to discuss.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users