• You cannot reply to this topic

It's Possibile to do this? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 04 December 2020 - 04:42 PM

Hello everyone,
as you well know, on open rails, there are 3D models made with a new format .. these models are not digested by the editors and tools, so much so that the latter crashes if they are in the TRAINSET folder ..

Obviously, in the absence of a decent activity editor for Open Rails ... I was wondering, if it was possible to set such a path, in order to make the consist selectable both from the AE and from the Open Rails program, at the moment in which I simulate the activity ..
Obviously I did a test, but with negative results .. but I still try to ask you the question ..

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Immagine.jpg

#2 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 05 December 2020 - 03:43 AM

Did you try with forward slashes?

#3 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 05 December 2020 - 08:09 AM

Hi,
Yes, it is possible - and it works in both MSTS and Open Rails with one proviso for the former.

Open Rails will accept /, //, \ and \\ as separators, but MSTS will only accept /, // and \\

The important point is to get the aliasing correct. If your OR-Trainset is in the TRAINS folder, then your aliasing is not right.
I have created a new folder named OR-Trainset in the TRAINS folder and modified a Consist to read : EngineData ( SD45_CSX8903 ..//OR-Trainset//SD45_CSX8903 )

An important point is that, if the cabview and/or sounds are aliased, they must be in the same parent folder as the loco - in this case, OR-Trainset.

Note that, if using this system, other utilities (including mine!) are unlikely to work correctly. For instance, attempting to load the consist into ConBuilder gives the message "Unit not found".

Cheers,
Ged

#4 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 09 December 2020 - 03:03 AM

Good morning..
first of all thanks for the answers!
I followed the instructions I was given to the letter ...
the process actually works ..
unfortunately, when the AE opens, it crashes ... because the 3D models I would like to use have been exported with TrainSim Modeler according to a new export method that allows you to manage transparencies in a different way, the only flaw is that the AE, inexplicably it does not read these 3D models and crashes ... practically it is impossible for me to use them, I hoped that perhaps by tricking the program with this method I could at least use them to insert them in the activities

#5 User is offline   Stephen 

• Apprentice
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 10 December 2020 - 02:07 AM

Hi,

I notice that you have installed Train Simulator C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ when all the advice is to install it as a separate folder ie. C:\Train Simulator

Maybe this is why you are getting some of your problems, no doubt the more expert people will correct me if I'm wrong.

Mine is even on a separate drive which works perfectly for me.

Regards,

Stephen

#6 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 10 December 2020 - 02:39 AM

Hi Stephen,
Thank you - I'd missed that :sign_oops: All my MSTS/ORTS installations are on a dedicated drive, too.

Using my consist which uses the OR-Trainset loco, I successfully created an extremely simple activity in AE, which runs in the sim.

I suggest that Baldo re-installs his MSTS in a folder created by himself and tries again. It is possible that the loco he is using is faulty.

Cheers,
Ged

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users