Elvas Tower: Planning area of the ETCS DMI - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 15 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Planning area of the ETCS DMI Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#21 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:30 AM

Renamed field to AltitudeM.

#22 User is offline   cesarbl 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 23 November 2020 - 06:10 AM

I noticed a wrong behaviour of the needle and speed gauge during sunrise/sunset. The parts shaded with the DriverMachineInterfaceShader are bright, but the rest of components aren't:
Attached Image: Open Rails 2020-11-23 02-52-01.jpg
What would look better, to darken the speed gauge or to make the rest of the DMI brighter?

I've found yet another problem with the resolution. The shrinking algorithm used to rescale the textures causes the "+" scaleup button to not be seen at all if the DMI screen is small. Does anyone have any idea about what could be done to get better scaling?

#23 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 23 November 2020 - 06:19 AM

Re your first question I think that it's more adherent to reality to make the rest of the DMI brighter.

#24 User is offline   cesarbl 

• Conductor

Posted 23 November 2020 - 07:09 AM

I agree with you. I'll render the whole ETCS screen with the DMI shader. That will eventually allow to regulate the brightness via a cab control.

I have just uploaded a version with mouse support for the zoom buttons in the planning area (without language localization yet).

#25 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 23 November 2020 - 09:40 AM

Hi César,
I have merged your new commit, but I get this error:
Error: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '...\program\content\etcs\symbols\navigation\na_05.bmp'

In effect the navigation folder is missing.

I have found the files in my ETCS documentation, so I have solved the problem by the moment.

#26 User is offline   cesarbl 

• Conductor

Posted 23 November 2020 - 09:53 AM

Oops! I forgot to add the symbols to the output folder. I have corrected it now.

#27 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:08 AM

I have tested the zoom out and in of the planning area and that's cool!

#28 User is offline   dennisat 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails & MSTS

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:48 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 23 November 2020 - 06:19 AM, said:

Re your first question I think that it's more adherent to reality to make the rest of the DMI brighter.

Hi,

Here's a patch that will do this.

Dennis

Attached File  ETCS.txt (3.14K)
Number of downloads: 469

#29 User is offline   cesarbl 

• Conductor

Posted 23 November 2020 - 11:27 AM

Hi Dennis,
Thanks for that. I've done something similar which is also valid for the planning area.

#30 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 25 November 2020 - 12:39 AM

I like the way the DMI brightness is managed now.

If someone is interested at seeing a running DMI in reality, in this video https://www.youtube....h?v=CHAMgo-IL-A he can see it very well for some seconds starting from 1:50 in a line full of tunnels. This is an older DMI, which has separated national system display. At that moment the train almost stops, because the radio link was shortly interrupted. In fact this video has been published in 2019, but has been recorded in the first times of the commercial operation on this line.
You can see on the planning area the symbols of tunnels and a sybol of a point where traction power has to excluded.
Even better at 4:07, where you can see the active icons showing that we are running ETCS-2 (icon at the left), that we are in Full Supervision mode (the eye) and that a neutral area is near. What I don't know is how tunnel entrances and exits are distinguished.
The tacho can be seen well at 7:05, and you can see how it becomes partly orange when the max speed is slightly overpassed.
At 13:27 you can see that "S" table that announces the section with tension change. The section itself starts at 13:49 with the table with the horizontal black segment. In fact the traction sound disappears. Just after that a light signal appears, with a 45 degree rotated table indicating that after few hundreds of meters ETCS-2 terminates and that we return into the national system domain. This occurs at signal at minute 14:46. Such signal in fact has the table indicating end of ETCS-2. Few late you will in fact hear that the "beeps" are no more the short double-beep of ETCS. Next flashing signal indicates that the train will take a diverging switch at no more than 60 kM/h. Few seconds later this must be acknowledged by the driver when the beep plays. Next red-over-green signal indicates that we are in a speed reduction area, and that next signal will be clear. Few seconds before the signal a higher frequency beep can be heard: it is caused by the driver that has to signal he is aware that after the signal there will be no continuous transmission of block state from track to train (because of the turnout).

• 15 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users