Elvas Tower: Planning area of the ETCS DMI - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Planning area of the ETCS DMI Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#111 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 31 December 2020 - 05:45 AM

View Postgpz, on 31 December 2020 - 04:22 AM, said:

At the time added that I was rebuked for it...

Peter, I remember that :)
Happy New Year to you too|

#112 User is offline   cesarbl 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 31 December 2020 - 08:11 AM

Peter, thanks for the creation of the circular speed gauge. It has accelerated the development of the rest of the DMI a lot. I didn't know anything about 2D drawing in XNA/Monogame, and I used it as an example to create the rest of the components.
I have a few things to solve, but when I finish with them I'll create a PR (if there are no XNA conflicts).

If I had written the ETCS EVC in C#, I could have tried to integrate it in OR too, but converting everything from C++ is a boring job, as there are loads of repetitive structures to migrate. We have at least two ways of running ETCS through the scripting interface, which I think is really good anyway.

Happy New Year!

#113 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 06 January 2021 - 03:31 AM

At last the ETR400 HST and a route patch to enable the ERTMS/ETCS2 features are available.

A first video, created by Riccardo, who is the author of the HST train, can be seen here https://youtu.be/fkq28pIE66k

For those wanting to try it, here some installation and driving hints. In the installation files instructions are only in Italian, but what is written here below should be enough.
The trainset may be downloaded from here: http://www.trainsimh...ad.php?did=1980
The trainset includes ETCSL2 and SCMT/RSC (Italian TCS) functionality, animated 2D wipers, automatic change of pantographs where line power supply changes from 3KV DC to 25 KV AC and vice-versa (so-called POC points), automatic circuit breaker opening and closing where the 25 KV power supply changes phase (so-called PCFs), change of TCS displayed on DMI at the related points, door animation, power key that switches on diagnostic monitor, night and cablight cab views, and a good number of passenger views.
The HS line where the train may be tested can be downloaded from here http://www.trainsimh...ad.php?did=1723 . It requires previous installation of NewRoads_V40_MSTS1 and XTracks 3.20.
The patch for the line, which includes addition of the missing ETCSL2 signalling, can be downloaded from here: http://www.trainsimh...ad.php?did=1979 . It requires previous installation of following file http://www.trainsimh...ad.php?did=1922 , which includes additional track shapes. Such file includes tsection.dat rev. 52. If you have a later release of tsection.dat, don't overwrite it.
The patch also animates the two turntables on the traditional part of the route.
At the moment the whole thing runs only with OR NewYear MG rev. 85 or later.
You will notice with Trackviewer that there are three lines from Rome to Naples; only one of them is a HS.
Paths to have a run on the HS line are the ones (included in the pack) from Roma Termini to Napoli Centrale and vice-versa. It is suggested to try in Explore in activity mode.
Here some driving hints:
Starting of the trainset (look at the readme file for pictures):
1) switch on the key (Ctrl-K or mouse click on it)
2) raise pantograph 1 (small lever at the left side of the cab), and wait until pantograph is up
3) close circuit breaker (key O pressed until circuit breaker closed or mouse presed on circuit breaker lever untile circuit breaker closed)
4) start power electronics (Alt-R)
5) start DMI (Ctrl-,) and wait until the autotest has terminated
6) click on the "Start" string
7) click on the flashing message in the message box area.
This is a simplified procedure; in real trains the DMI enabling procedure is more complicated.
At this point you are ready to start the train. Just after the train has started, you will hear an intermittent sound (alerter) that you will have to reset with key Z. As a general rule, apart accelerating and braking, what you have to do is clicking on items flashing :) , except the round small led on top right of the tacho. To reset emergency brakings, once you have re-entered the speed limits you have to set the throttle at 0 and eventually clicking on the flashing message.
At start from Rome or Naples you won't have TCSs enabled up to the station starting signal (see first picture in the second row of pictures of page "Schermo DMI" in the readme file). After station starting signal the SCMT (point TCS) will be enabled, and the related DMI button will become blue. After passing the start COD table (located on second or third signal), RSC (continuous TCS) will be enabled, the related DMI button will flash and will have to be clicked, and the icons about the next signal state will be shown.
Passing to the ETCS system will occur after some Kilometers, and will require acknowledgement by the train driver (see third row of pictures).
Arriving at the POC (see above) you will notice from the on-screen messages and from the motor sound disappearing that the traction is cut and the pantographs lowered. The only thing you have to do, at the moment the train has passed the white table with a vertical black bar at its center, is to click on selector 1 (see picture with cab commands) to enable raise of the new pantograph. When the train will have passed the transition section, it will automatically rise the new panto, close the circuit breaker and so restarting traction. You can notice the change of tension on the left bar of the diagnostic monitor. Under 3 KV it will indicate such tension, during transition it will indicate 0, and under 25 KV it will indicate such new value.
Passing over the PCFs traction will automatically be disabled, circuit breaker opened, and then automatially re-enabled and closed few time after. You will notice this again also from the motor sound disappearing and from the on-screen messages, and also from the diagnostic monitor where the panto tension will go to 0 for short time.

It is also possible to create paths starting inside the ETCSL2 part of the line. In this case the DMI will start in ETCSL2 mode.
Whe you are inside the 25 kV area, if you lower and raise a panto with lever of P1, you will in reality lower and raise panto P3, that is one of the two operating at 25 KV.

I hope this is enough for someone to venture trying it.

This work wouldn't have been possible without the developments of many people, first of all of Peter Gulyas (gpz) for the ETCS tacho and of César Llamata (cesarBL) for the other ETCS DMI areas, and without the consulting of Paolo.

#114 User is offline   Luis 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 28 April 2021 - 11:17 AM

Hallo together

Greatwork!!

I have a question about ETCS DMI douple Display. Is it possible to separate them? Speedinfo in planning?

Like from ICE4 or SBB Giruno

Thankyou for your help

Saluti
LN

#115 User is offline   cesarbl 

• Conductor

Posted 29 April 2021 - 03:26 AM

Currently it is not possible, but it's becoming a rather common practice between ETCS manufacturers, so I might separate them in the future.

#116 User is offline   Haran Banjo 

• Hostler

Posted 01 July 2021 - 05:20 AM

In Italy there are some High Speed ​​trains, such as ETR 500, ETR 485, ETR 600/610 and AGV 575 and ETR 675 that have separated the SCMT dashboard from the ETCS monitor, so the system does not work, for this type of trains, because they do not use DMI. Can we find a way to adapt this function for this type of train?

#117 User is offline   Haran Banjo 

• Hostler

Posted 14 July 2021 - 05:17 AM

Nothing about this interesting feature?

#118 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 17 July 2021 - 11:25 PM

There's work in progress on this.

#119 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 01 August 2021 - 12:07 PM

Haran Banjo,
in my download page you find now an ETR500 Frecciarossa, repainted and with cabview modified by Paolo, with separated SCMT dashboard and ETCS monitor, and also with Cruise Control.

#120 User is offline   Luis 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 05 November 2021 - 02:51 PM

View PostLuis, on 28 April 2021 - 11:17 AM, said:

Hallo together

Greatwork!!

I have a question about ETCS DMI douple Display. Is it possible to separate them? Speedinfo in planning?

Like from ICE4 or SBB Giruno

Thankyou for your help

Saluti
LN

Hello everyone, wanted to ask whether something has already been done to separate the planning area...like in this picture

regards

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users