• You cannot reply to this topic

In-cab Dynamic Brakes display error Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Borislav 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 14 October 2020 - 02:27 AM

Hello!

I had been absent for some time and when I recently returned, I noticed that in the current test version of ORTS the Dynamic Brakes indicator on the computer screen seems to be faulty. More precisely, the first frame of the animation (Set-Up) remains on all of the time, whether I am in Dynamic Braking or Throttling. I've tried several cabs and they all seem to have the same error. I have included a screenshot to show you what I mean. The last stable version (1.3.1) does not have this problem and all computer screen indicators work fine.

https://i.imgur.com/ODvbZOG.png[/img]

#2 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 14 October 2020 - 11:53 AM

Earlier this year I had trouble with this also, I believe you even sent me an email or PM about it, because I think it was in a Cabview you created --- which always worked fine. I had trouble documenting the problem accurately, and let it drop...perhaps you can track down what is going on.

Here's the earlier threads -- here and at TrainSim.com. If you need someone to test --- let me know. Gerry
DynNums Elvas

DynNums TrainSim

#3 User is offline   Borislav 

• Hostler

Posted 15 October 2020 - 02:02 AM

View PostR H Steele, on 14 October 2020 - 11:53 AM, said:

Earlier this year I had trouble with this also, I believe you even sent me an email or PM about it, because I think it was in a Cabview you created --- which always worked fine. I had trouble documenting the problem accurately, and let it drop...perhaps you can track down what is going on.

Here's the earlier threads -- here and at TrainSim.com. If you need someone to test --- let me know. Gerry
DynNums Elvas

DynNums TrainSim

To be completely honest, I do seem to suffer from poor memory and concentration. I will take a look at your threads and see if I can come up with a solution. If I do need testing, I will let you know.

#4 User is offline   Borislav 

• Hostler

Posted 29 November 2020 - 11:38 AM

I have found a solution to this problem. Well, not a completely satisfactory solution, but a solution nevertheless.

The problem is this. The original .cvf file value for the first animation frame of the Dynamic Brakes reads this:

State (
State (
Style ( 0 )
SwitchVal ( 0 )
)
State (
Style ( 0 )
SwitchVal ( 0.00001 )
)
State (
Style ( 0 )
SwitchVal ( 0.22 )
)
State (
Style ( 0 )
SwitchVal ( 0.33 )

It seems that the problem is the number zero in the second pair of brackets. One of the numerous ORTS updates must have changed something within the game engine which prevents the game from reading the first value with zero in the brackets. Therefore, the first frame, which is transparent, cannot be shown when Dynamics are not in use, so we always see the "Set-Up" frame shown on the screen (which is the second frame in the .ace file, but the first one to be shown once you have activated the Dynamics).

The solution is simple. I've replaced the zero with a 0.0001 value and now this first frame is shown in the game, meaning that you no longer see the "Set-Up" frame when you are not using the Dynamics. Now, however, activation of the Dynamics does not switch to the second frame (Set-Up) immediately upon pressing the button. Instead, it goes straight to B1 after the Dynamics have kicked in a little.

This is what this section looks like now:

State (
Style ( 0 )
SwitchVal ( 0.000001 )
)
State (
Style ( 0 )
SwitchVal ( 0.0001 )
)
State (
Style ( 0 )
SwitchVal ( 0.01 )
)
State (
Style ( 0 )
SwitchVal ( 0.22 )

There are two sections in the .cvf file that need to be changed. One for the Dynamics display on the computer screen, and the other for the green/yellow lines that surround the indicator on the computer screen.

#5 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 29 November 2020 - 01:29 PM

You definitely should file a bug report about this. Thanks for the workaround.

#6 User is offline   Borislav 

• Hostler

Posted 24 February 2021 - 08:03 AM

View PostR H Steele, on 29 November 2020 - 01:29 PM, said:

You definitely should file a bug report about this. Thanks for the workaround.

I am now bumping this thread, as per the suggestion, hoping that someone would come up with a fix for this annoying bug.

#7 User is offline   Borislav 

• Hostler

Posted 21 July 2021 - 01:07 AM

Since this thread has now been hijacked by another topic, maybe this can help as well. This is written in the GE ES44DC Operating Manual regarding the wait time before engaging Dynamics:

https://i.imgur.com/obWVtdd.jpg

#8 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 21 July 2021 - 03:15 PM

[Admin Comment -- moved posts discussing Dynamic Brake Delay Time to new thread under Maybe it's a bug...please discuss issue In-Cab Dynamic Brake display problem as started by 1st post. Thank you ] Dynamic Brake Delay Time

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users