• You cannot reply to this topic

Snow on ground does not appear in MG sorry...me again Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 September 2020 - 11:50 AM

Please refer to this thread...http://www.elvastower.com/forums/index.php?/topic/34429-monogame-not-rendering-snow/page__pid__263252#entry263252
Well I thought I had it solved...guess what. Two pictures tell it all. I took a screenshot of the resume window...next full screen is what loaded...no ground snow textures.

I have installing and reinstalling...thought I had found it, even reworked the activity to remove all the ORTS "initial weather" parameters...nothing seems to work. Then I downloaded the latest Unstable version -- U2020.09.28 -- installed, did nothing else, ran the activity and presto...ground snow...gotta be something in MG.( the screenshot is from the reworked "Into the Storm Activity" so no fog at the beginning. )

I know from previous experience with speed tests, activity timing and AI train timing...that OR runs differently on different machines...could this be something like that??Whatever, it has me baffled.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: bandicam 2020-09-29 08-46-15-126.jpg
  • Attached Image: bandicam 2020-09-29 08-48-38-392.jpg
  • Attached Image: bandicam 2020-09-29 12-46-42-353.jpg

#2 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 September 2020 - 02:17 PM

Carlo, if you happen to read this thread...this problem is not a big deal...it is curious and puzzling, but I can always use the unstable version to run the activity. I've included a screenshot of the original activity using U2020.09.28. If you have a flash of inspiration or need me to try something, please let me know in the thread.Thanks for all your time and effort...OR is a most excellent simulator! http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/hi.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: bandicam 2020-09-29 15-10-10-481.jpg

#3 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 30 September 2020 - 06:18 AM

Gerry,
the problem is that I'm not able to reproduce the malfunction. I tried to save and resume, as you say, and when resuming I oontinue getting snow falling and on the ground.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users