• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lights and pantopgraphs functions nor working correctly Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 07 December 2020 - 12:06 AM

Sorry for the Google translation, I hope you understand. There is a problem with the "inc" files I have experienced. If I write everything to the traditional eng file, there is no error. Another option is to use the Openrails folder. This will put an eng file with the same name that contains only the lines starting with ORTS. The Include (../H-START_1815-003.eng) line is placed below the line beginning with SIMIS. The eng file referenced in the queue can be found in the vehicle map.

#12 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 07 December 2020 - 12:44 AM

Please attach the .eng file that you have in the base path of your trainset, and the .eng file that you have in the OPENRAILS subfolder, so it's easier to discuss.

#13 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 07 December 2020 - 01:58 AM

About the .eng file in the Openrails folder:
1) it must have the same name as the .eng file in the base folder
2) it must NOT have the SIMISA line (which instead is present in your file)
3) it must have a blank line at the beginning of the file
4) obviously you can have only one .eng file for every engine in the OPENRAILS folder; if you need separate files for e.g. pantographs and lights, you must use the .inc files, and mention them in the base .eng file.

To attach in the forum a text file that has not the .txt extension, you may either zip and attach it, or you may rename it this way e.g. engine.eng to engine.eng.txt. This way you don't flood the forum layout with long files.

#14 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 07 December 2020 - 02:30 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 07 December 2020 - 01:58 AM, said:

4) obviously you can have only one .eng file for every engine in the OPENRAILS folder; if you need separate files for e.g. pantographs and lights, you must use the .inc files, and mention them in the base .eng file.

To attach in the forum a text file that has not the .txt extension, you may either zip and attach it, or you may rename it this way e.g. engine.eng to engine.eng.txt. This way you don't flood the forum layout with long files.
I don't know, it works so well for me. If it didn’t work then I wouldn’t comment, just watch what the smarter ones write. Thanks for the advice, I'm gone for this.

#15 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 09 December 2020 - 02:19 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 07 December 2020 - 01:58 AM, said:

Do you mean inc files that newer versions don't support? I don’t know when this happened, but I’ve been writing them all the time ever since.

#16 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 09 December 2020 - 08:13 AM

Support for .inc files hasn't changed and is the same in all OR versions, as far as I know.

#17 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 09 December 2020 - 09:37 AM

Several complained about it. that vehicles using only inc files have not worked since the code simplifications. This is why many people stopped at the X3443 version. It also happened to me in a vehicle and I quickly converted back to traditional. Due to lack of data, there was no point in using the Openrails folder. There are other previously well-functioning features that are also victims of code simplification, but let’s not get bogged down in that because I find it pointless.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users