Elvas Tower: train deviates from its path - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

train deviates from its path although there is no passing path Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Gro.Bi 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 19 September 2020 - 02:36 AM

In a timetable a train deviates from its path on a certain location, although there is no passing path in the train's path. As consequence of this, another train is blocked and cannot proceed and finally numerous trains are blocked.
I found that situation in Open Rails 1.3.1 despite if the option ' Location-linked Passing Path Processing' is checked or not. Therefore I have no idea what might be the reason.

Regards,
Gro.Bi

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 19 September 2020 - 04:03 AM

The option Location-linked Passing Path Processing has no effect in timetable mode, that mode is used by default.
What could be the case here is that another train has a passing path defined in this area. If a passing path is set in any path for a train through that area, that path will be available to all trains.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#3 User is offline   Gro.Bi 

• Fireman

Posted 19 September 2020 - 10:57 AM

Hi Rob,

View Postroeter, on 19 September 2020 - 04:03 AM, said:

If a passing path is set in any path for a train through that area, that path will be available to all trains.

I wasn't aware that unchecking the option Location-Linked Passing Path Processing does not affect timetable mode.
So I have to check all trains path's if a passing path is at the relevant location and remove it.

Thank you & Regards,
Gro.Bi

#4 User is offline   ADITYA3191 

• Apprentice

Posted 26 April 2021 - 02:51 AM

Hi Sir , I have noticed abnormal behaviour of OR as my "Express" Train have passing Path on the station which consist of One Mainline and One loop line (with Platform ) and AI passenger Train have halt on that specific station then as my express train is approaching before the passenger train, OR is diverting my train to the loop and passenger train skips station through mainline ( No passing path for passenger train because it should take halt on that station ) . Now why is this occuring ? Any Solution ?

#5 User is offline   Gro.Bi 

• Fireman

Posted 17 May 2021 - 05:37 AM

View PostADITYA3191, on 26 April 2021 - 02:51 AM, said:

Hi Sir , I have noticed abnormal behaviour of OR as my "Express" Train have passing Path on the station which consist of One Mainline and One loop line (with Platform ) and AI passenger Train have halt on that specific station then as my express train is approaching before the passenger train, OR is diverting my train to the loop and passenger train skips station through mainline ( No passing path for passenger train because it should take halt on that station ) . Now why is this occuring ? Any Solution ?

I think it is due to the fact that in timetable mode all passing paths are availabe to all trains, even if no passing path is in the train's own path. I guess also that commands like $hold etc. are not effective on passing paths and therefore e.g. "Express" trains are stopped and trains on the passing path are allowed to proceed primarily.

Regards,
Gro.Bi

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users