• You cannot reply to this topic

Hungarian 120a route Shots taken during TT testing Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 13 September 2020 - 04:25 AM

Spending hours while testing TimeTable for MAV 120a I decided to share screenshots of interesting situations.
I want to say "THANKS ALOT!" to Csaba Karoly, the author of this excellent playing polygon for MSTS/ORTS.
To Rob Roeterdink for TT concept implementation & priceless advices, and authors of russian rolling stock - as well.
I dedicate this topic to Peter Gulyas, one of Monogame version authors.
*I use russian rolling stock to test timetable design and train models for compatibility with ORTS at the same time.
Test started at 0:00
Goal: verify of Szolnok station working.
This is very busy railroad hub at intersection of 100 and 120 routes. It has passenger and freight parks.
82, 86, 130 and 145 local lines are begin here too (last two has no electrification) and some industrial branches.
Many International, Regional and local trains has their stop here; goods trains passes thru it as well.
Distance to Budapest is about 100km. The name of town is related to salt merchants, lived here at medieval.

3:11
International night express №346 Dachia (Buchureshti-Wien) arrives to Szolnok.
Attached Image: Dachia_01.jpg
train of 14 sleeping wagons is lead by 4000-hp AC/DC ТЭП70
3:14
View of Szolnok passenger park: it has 11 platform tracks, two tranzit (main V and VI) and a track for locos runaround (2-nd).
5719 local train S820 (at the left) is ready to depart via 82 route towards Hatvan (track 15) first time this morning.
Dachia has arrived (track 8) and boarding passengers, during 4-minute stop: it'll change its head at Budapest then.
Attached Image: Szolnok_01.jpg
5719 is 4-wag EMU ЭР10 having 6 passenger doors at each wagon, because wagons were 1,5x longer, than regular.
3:15
Commuter train 3329 started its work at 120a route (60-th line), moving from pool to boarding platform.
Attached Image: 3329_01.jpg
This is post-Soviet ЭТ2 EMU
3:17
Trains working at 100a route (50-th line): 2629(at the left) is heading to boarding platform.
Attached Image: 2629_01.jpg
7022 is late 80-th (flat-faced) ЭР2Р with Regenerative ED-brakes; ЭР2К-987 is earlyer (60-th) round-faced DC EMU after Capital repare
3:18
Departure of Dachia. It will arrive to Budapest-Keleti (East Terminus) about 1,3 hours later.
Attached Image: Dachia_03.jpg
ТЭП70 was assumed as best passenger diesel-electric locomotive of late 70-th. 0296-th is "Giving Bear" as his diesel accelerates from 8 to 16 cylinders.
3:19
2629 /S50/ at track 3; it's the second train to Budapest this morning. The 2-nd track serves for splitting 1-st track too.
Attached Image: 2619_05.jpg
the 1-st platform can handle at the same time, two short trains, heading to opposite directions though
3:23
Panoram of Szolnok station: Commuter trains to Budapest are waiting for their passengers; at very left You can see 4 pool sidings.
3329 /G60/ (left) - track 13; 2629 /S50/ (right) - track 3. New day's dawning.
Attached Image: Szolnok_02.jpg
Classical RVR (Riga Vagon Plant) EMU trains can be formed of 4 to 12 wagons; post-Soviet models had modified electric cirquits, so number of wagons can be uneven.
3:25
2629 departs towards Budapest-Nyugati (West Terminus) via 100a route. "S50" means,that it has all stops along 50 line.
Attached Image: 2629_03.jpg
Isn't she beautyful?

Due to electric failure the test was aborted at ~3:30
to be continued...

#2 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Owner
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 13 September 2020 - 05:57 AM

Very Nice!
The route and rolling stock is available online?

#3 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 13 September 2020 - 08:09 AM

Well,
Route-here. Last version was published about 9 years ago, but trackwork is excellent.
Full effect of presence, interesting terrain (track profile and change from hilly woods to flat steppe)
Spoiler

BUT! It's nessesary to add ORTS chunks for signalling, to let your trains move somewhere off and towards main line.
I added automatic sound change when train passes switches, so 120.trk-file was included too.
Here you are...Attached File  OpenRails.zip (13.47K)
Number of downloads: 356 You'll have to add OpenRails folder to route's root directory as always.
Rolling stock... most-here, but there are other - from dead sites... Maybe, here (no all, as I collected them since 2003).
Native Hungarian trains-here.

#4 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2020 - 08:25 AM

Many thanks mate. I will have a try at this :)

#5 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 13 September 2020 - 08:38 AM

The Problem is timetable itself:
it's under construction from 2018, but not finished: I have to complete Budapest-Keleti Terminus collateral traffic definition, then deal with pool actions everywhere, then add freight trains! The tweak of all trains interaction and path correction for prototypical platform addressing are needed too... But I missed some mistakes at April, so I have to find and correct them :(
I was excited in ORTS localization for last 5 month, so I can't remember, what I have changed before it began to crash.
That's why I continue my way of testings and corrections.

This deserves separate topic, but it's a little bit early, maybe...

#6 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2020 - 12:28 PM

I'm having that same work on my route. But my route is still being built and it will span the entire country. Right now it has a totla of 1100km out of 3700km. Timetables are populating just 360km of track with local, regional and intercity services. A total of 200 trains untill now! Today I've bein signalling another 215km of track and by the end of the week I hope to have the timetable for that route working properly. I have a topic for it in the Open Rails / active route projects. Its "Portugal 79"

#7 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 19 September 2020 - 04:24 AM

Thank to all for interest on this topic!
Being encouraged with Aldarion's support (thank to him), I finally started the practical topic (this one is supposed to be illustrative), dedicated to this my project.

So, I offer to discuss screenshots and details of everything, that you can see on that pictures here, but timetable's details-there.

#8 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 11 October 2020 - 04:08 PM

Some more photos:
Train 3339 at platform 13
Attached Image: 3339.jpg
This is ЭТ2M modification with modified "butt" front part. Such type of trains were made at Torzhok after 1991, as Riga wagon plant stopped producing trains for Russia
Train 3349 is behind. Between 4 and 6 AM trains to Budapest has 20-min interval.
Attached Image: 3349.jpg
This is classic "flat face" ЭР2. Made at Riga/Kalinin
The second train to Hatvan today, 5729 from outside...
Attached Image: 5729.jpg
This is ЭР10 prototype with long carriages, as we told earlier.
and it's interior.
Attached Image: 5729ф.jpg
The wooden seats were used till late 70-th
37119 is ready to depart
Attached Image: 37119.jpg
Local freight to nearby industry.
Attached Image: Sz_005.jpg
This is ТЭМ2 shunter. 1200hp diesel-electric made by plant in Bryansk
2649 and 6240 you can see 3310 at the very right.
Attached Image: 6240_2649.jpg
The diesel-train at the right passed major-repair so it has renewed interior
7510 departs to Lokoshaza.
Attached Image: 7510.jpg
Here is classic variant of Д1 diesel-hydraulic 2x750hp train, made for USSR 1520mm railroads.
The head wagons made in Hungary by Ganz-Mavag plant, and the intermediate carriages made in Romania by Arad plant.
The train can have from 2 to 6 cars or 2x4(8) and even 2x5(10)

7510, 2649 and 6240
Attached Image: 2649_001.jpg
Passing of transfer-train, lead by ТЭМ7, 8-axle (2xBo+2xBo) 2000hp heavy shunter. Made by Lyudinovo plant.
Attached Image: Sz_007 (2).jpg

#9 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 11 October 2020 - 04:16 PM

Trip to Ujszasz
This station is about 15 km from Szolnok (~85 from Budapest), where 3 routes diverge: 120a to Budapest, 82 to Hatvan and 86 to Vamosgyork (unelectrified)
Attached Image: Uj_005.jpg
It has a small 4-track freight park, a pair of industry branches, some spurs and three platform-tracks.
The taking over of slow local trains by more fast intercity is performed here as well.

To observe an interesting passing situation, I have arrived from Szolnok with 3369 long-range commuter train which is ЭД2T. Let's have a look:
Attached Image: Uj_011.jpg
The passenger doors is wider, than at ЭР/ЭТ, so each car is longer, than classic ones.
Attached Image: Uj_002.jpg
It was built by Demihovo vagon-building plant, converted to produce commuter electric trains as Riga stopped supplying Russia after 1991 with such rolling stock. Before that, at Demihovo, only narrow-gauge cars were built.
The Hungarian/Romanian-built Д1 diesel/hydraulic-train is waiting at 1st track for the passengers, heading towards Vamosgyork (86 line) during its 15-minutes stop.
It is early morning now, and there are not so many passengers yet. They have change a train at Ujszasz, and this diesel-train have not to go to Szolnok - this way it can return back to Vamosgyork much quicker. On the other hand, the trains from Szolnok to Budapest are every 20 minutes at this time, plus trains to Hatvan are share this part of line, so it's not necessary to clutter it further.
Our 3369 took passengers from Szolnok for travelling towards Vamosgyork as well. So they have about 4 minutes to go to 1st platform and board to diesel-train.
Before that, the passengers from Vamosgyork used train from Hatvan to reach Szolnok. It has just depart before our arrive to Ujszasz.
Attached Image: Uj_014.jpg
As we can see, the Hungarian designers tryed to made streamlined shape for head and sides of the train.
Attached Image: Uj_015.jpg
The good poriton of wood was used here too.
We all are waiting for freight train from 82 line to pass and free our tracks.
Attached Image: Uj_001.jpg
The train to Vamosgyork will depart first, our-2 minutes later.
Looking to rolling kilotons of freight: it accelerates.
Attached Image: Uj_003.jpg
The UJSZASZ TOWER is at the right :)
Attached Image: Uj_004.jpg
At last, it's done, but have a look for the rolling-stock. I used the pause to let you see more.
Attached Image: Uj_016.jpg
This seats are covered with artificial leather-such ones often suffered from vandalism. Aspecially in case of football hooligans.
Attached Image: Uj_009.jpg
2ТЭ116 is advance of 2ТЭ10В project.
It has 4-stroke Д49 diesel: 16 cilinders 3300hp with AC generator, so transmission uses rectifier, because traction motors remains DC-type.
However, this engines of late produce has dynamic brake for speed adjustment during travelling downhill, as an option.
Attached Image: Uj_006.jpg
The station seen from the footbridge.
Attached Image: Uj_007.jpg
Attached Image: Uj_008.jpg
#136 has no dynamic brake and equipped with 2Д70 diesel, as some early-built locos of this serie.
Attached Image: Uj_010.jpg
The double-section diesels have doubled gauges and some controls to monitor and manage the second section from each cab.
The triple and quadriple modifications-too. Each engine can be started/stopped from each control-stand.
Attached Image: Uj_012.jpg
Note: this is not a cab view-this is model.
Attached Image: Uj_013.jpg
The departure is coming soon.
Attached Image: Uj_017.jpg

#10 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 24 October 2020 - 09:47 AM

I ask for advise:
As I see some pairs of quite similar pictures, I think half of them can be removed.
So wich of them seem worse for you?

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users