Elvas Tower: Missing Loose Consists - Elvas Tower

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Missing Loose Consists Consists Exist in Activity Editor but Are Missing in the Sim Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 13 September 2020 - 03:47 PM

Hi Clint,

May I suggest Ged's MSTS_Actman ( available at trainsim.com library ) to check your activity.

https://www.trainsim...right&fid=35722

#12 User is offline   Nighthawk72 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 13 September 2020 - 03:50 PM

Charles: One additional thought. In one of your previous posts, you indicated that there are no consist files in the AE folder. What I meant was that the AE folder contains a list of the loose consists used in the specific activity, not the consist folders themselves. Also, a similar list exists under the Activity Objects List in the TSRE AE, & what I was saying was, that the content of the two lists match up. I have attached a copy of a screenshot showing the list of loose consists in the AE. clint

Attached File(s)

#13 User is offline   Nighthawk72 

• Hostler

Posted 13 September 2020 - 04:43 PM

engmod, on 13 September 2020 - 03:47 PM, said:

Hi Clint,

May I suggest Ged's MSTS_Actman ( available at trainsim.com library ) to check your activity.

Hi Derek: Thx for the info & the link. At your suggestion, I downloaded, installed, & ran the MSTS ActMan. Results of the activity checker showed 8 missing stock items, all associated w/loose consists. Results of the consist checker was more disappointing, but not unexpected based on the error count in the OR log. The initial report showed 671 errors, mostly missing stock items & mismatched TrainConfig file names. I then ran the Stock Fix function & that fixed several of the consist problems, but a second run of the consist checker showed there are still 569 files w/problems.

So. I guess my question now is what is the most efficient way to fix the remaining problem areas? Is there a utility that consist items that have missing files or does each problem file need to be fixed on an individual basis? clint

#14 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 13 September 2020 - 05:29 PM

All have to be fixed by hand. :-)

#15 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 13 September 2020 - 06:09 PM

Clint, you can use Search and Replace to speed up replacing the missing stock, especially since it can be configured to replace equipment in all activity and consist files at the same time.
Search and Replace

#16 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 13 September 2020 - 06:21 PM

Nighthawk72, on 13 September 2020 - 03:29 PM, said:

Charles: I apologize for the delayed response. Real life has a way of changing one's plans from time to time.
First, I have attached a zipped copy of the activity to this post. Next, if I interpret your last post correctly, the short version is that I have a lot of corrupted engine & rolling stock files & those files have in turn corrupted some of my consist files which have in turn caused those particular consists to become non-functional in the sim. Although I primarily use the TSRE Consist Editor, I do have a version of ConBuilder installed on this pc, so hopefully, I can utilize the CE in CB to fix some of the mess. Pls let me know if you find any errors in the attached activity. Thx again for your assistance. clint

Yes, Those files need to be fixed. When searching for a problem such as this, it is always best that the other files involved not have errors.

As to the Not a Number (nan) errors. I found this in your ACT file:
MaxVelocity ( 0.00000 nan )
That should read:
MaxVelocity ( 0.00000 0 )
or as the TSRE-CE seems to create for Wagon only consists
MaxVelocity ( 0.00000 0.00100 )

As to how to fix this just open the ACT in a TXT file editor and search for "MaxVelocity ( 0.00000 nan )" and Replace with "MaxVelocity ( 0.00000 0.00100 )" till you get to the end of the file.

With additional research I found that all the nan entries occur in consists with only a single wagon and that wagon was always this one:
Box_AAR1937_ATSF_E BLW_ZT_Boxcar_40_PRR
That WAG must have an error in it's Mass line or has no Mass line. As division by Zero = nan.
That needs to be fixed.

Also found no extraneous closing paren. End of Loose Consist section and end of data closing parens are both at the end of file.

Fix the Box_AAR1937_ATSF_E BLW_ZT_Boxcar_40_PRR WAG file's Mass line, the nan errors in the ACT and any ENG/WAG/CON file errors. Then test again to see if the LCs appear where they should in the ACT in the SIM.

#17 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 13 September 2020 - 06:31 PM

engmod, on 13 September 2020 - 03:47 PM, said:

Hi Clint,

I started to include that in my list of CE testers but the description made it sound more like Train Store rather than a tester of files.

#18 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 13 September 2020 - 06:38 PM

Nighthawk72, on 13 September 2020 - 03:50 PM, said:

Charles: One additional thought. In one of your previous posts, you indicated that there are no consist files in the AE folder. What I meant was that the AE folder contains a list of the loose consists used in the specific activity, not the consist folders themselves. Also, a similar list exists under the Activity Objects List in the TSRE AE, & what I was saying was, that the content of the two lists match up. I have attached a copy of a screenshot showing the list of loose consists in the AE. clint

Do you mean that there is a TXT file that lists the LCs in the Activity folder?

Yes I know about the List that is displayed by the TSRE-AE.

#19 User is offline   Nighthawk72 

• Hostler

Posted 14 September 2020 - 05:29 AM

Thanks to all of your help, I think I have what I need @ this point to fix the problem. I spent a couple of hours last night going through individual consists in TSRE eleminating the problem areas ID'd in the ActMan utility. (GED. If you happen to be following this thread,

#20 User is offline   Nighthawk72 

• Hostler

Posted 14 September 2020 - 06:53 AM

Sorry about the previous thread. Sent accidentally! Was say...GED, if you happen to be following this thread, THANK YOU for the ActMan utility. It has made the process of identifying problem areas much easier.
As I was about to say before prematurely sending the previous post, I spent a couple of hours last night going through the list of consists that showed up w/errors after running the ActMan utility. I ran it a second time after revising those consists & the number of errors dropped from 569 to 402. It is a somewhat tedious process but obviously necessary to fix a big mess like I seem to have created here, but it is also an opportunity to freshen up some older consists.
Charles, I have attached a screenshot of the list I mentioned in the Activity File. Its not a TXT file, just a listing of each consist & it's contents. Hopefully the screenshot will clear this up.
I too saw that that BLW Box appeared in almost all of the nan entries, so I found that LC & changed out that box w/another b/f seeing your note. I'm currently trying to locate that file to fix Mass value but have not been able to locate it as yet.
However, I'm puzzled about how the Max Velocity errors might have happened. I assume the incorrect nan values were assigned by the program when I created each of the loose consists b/c I did not assign any of them, so I'm not sure why they are incorrect. The fix will be easy by replacing the incorrect values, but I'm not sure how to keep that from happening again. Clint

Attached File(s)

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users