Elvas Tower: Change Vacuum to complete athmosphere - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Change Vacuum to complete athmosphere Is it possible to color the air in game? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 30 August 2020 - 12:32 PM

Do You Like this second screenshot?
http://www.elvastowe...post__p__261725
I do.
And I thought: "why?" for a long time... Till next conversation has occured:

MSTSCHILE said:

<...>Also for mountainous areas, change the gray color of the OR fog to a blue color for more realism on the mountain, like current simulators, for example Flight simulator 2020

Weter said:

Yes, That would be much more prototipic.
But it seems to be not a fog only - I think this is fluorescention of air itself (layers with 20+km thickness<demonstrate such effect under midday bright sunlight, that crosses air lair at large angles, relative observer - when Sun is not so far from zenith>).
So, more correct would be to add some blue color to "air", <which is absolutely transparent now> itself to substitute current emptyness, populated with white fog.

What do You think?

#2 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS / Open Rails

Posted 30 August 2020 - 11:02 PM

It is very dependent in which part of the world you are ..........
I have a route in "the Alps" (Europe) and a little "gray" with some humidity (foggy) is more real than such a "clear blue sky".

#3 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 31 August 2020 - 01:55 AM

That would be a great graphic enhancement! surely it can change the quality of the simulation..! i hope that someone will work on this..
Surely there would also be work on that horrible "Explosive Supernova" effect that occurs during sunset ... and improve the transition system from day \ night to night \ day by adding specifically sunset or morning sky textures transitions.. ( See Eurotruck Simulator 2 or Railworks... )
It would also be handy if you could allow the user to set sunrise and sunset times depending on the seasons and where they are.
For example, on my Sicilian scenario, I have sunset times in the summer that are not related to the real ones ... I find the sun setting at 7 pm when in reality the sun sets at 8 pm here in summer ...
You should change the atmospheric rendering, given that the graphic engine (Monogame) has been changed anyway and add more weather conditions .. therefore wind situations (with consequent sounds depending on the intensity), low \ medium \ high intensity storms ( and why not add the thunderbolts effects or flashes?! ) .. rain of various kinds and so on ...

By the screens you can see how very poor is the sky rendering actually..

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 668.3010.Serradifalco.jpg
  • Attached Image: Le682.002.ComitiniCab.18.jpg

#4 User is online   Weter 

Posted 31 August 2020 - 08:35 AM

@QJ-6811:
Shure, that's right:
the athmosphere behavior is very different, depending of time of day, humidity, Sun's elevation and direction of view, relative to sun rays direction. The disperged things like fog or smoke can alter the picture. By the way, the smoke of oil looks white from outside and blue if we look thru it.

Look at pure water, window glass, motor oil or some kind of plastic (CD case material as well) at some different angles, relative to light source:
You can see, that the colour of that substances will differ, if we look to them from side, or from the same direction, as light goes thru them.
Water turns from clear to blue (much like the sayed air); glass turns from clear to emerald-green; amber oil can turn green, orange or blue; and the clear plastic-from acid-yellow(orange) to violet. That's the fluorescention effect.

Also, the transition at sunrise is different from transition at sunset and different from one season to another.
@FS.E652 091:
Spoiler

#5 User is offline   MSTSCHILE 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 September 2020 - 04:46 PM

Hello! , the blue mist, it was not difficult to achieve this in version 1.3 of open rails, add a more natural tone to the environment. Flight Simulator 2020 added a blue fog, as if it were nice summer weather. just edit the SceneryShader.fx file in the Open Rails content folder. My country is mountain and this blue tone is the closest thing to the real one, the best thing is that the fog when increasing the density turns gray. It was better than I expected. I hope the developers incorporate this, I would very much like it.

#6 User is offline   MSTSCHILE 

• Apprentice

Posted 29 September 2020 - 04:58 PM

An example on the Maria Pass route, with distant mountains, of how fog is visualized with different variants, fog with more density, cloudy weather, total cloudiness, clear weather... it would be good to incorporate it, very visually pleasing. It's not difficult to add it for personal use, but my fear is that in future versions it can't do that.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: variantesfog.jpg

#7 User is offline   MSTSCHILE 

• Apprentice

Posted 05 October 2020 - 08:59 AM

View PostWeter, on 02 October 2020 - 11:15 AM, said:

I very pleased, that author of route, that inspired me, answered here. May I ask you to attach modified shader.fx to try it?

I leave the configuration here, it's in mediafire, I can't add the files.includes a skydome. regards

Download

#8 User is offline   MSTSCHILE 

• Apprentice

Posted 05 October 2020 - 05:27 PM

View PostWeter, on 05 October 2020 - 09:30 AM, said:

Thank you, I'll see.
http://www.msta-r.ru/images/excursions_abr/1.jpg
The horizon is blue,but actually, there light-green firs.

True, it would be great if this reaches the hands of developers to do something similar and better, I just improvise.

#9 User is online   Weter 

Posted 29 November 2020 - 02:21 AM

I've added files, but scenery shader xf causes game crash at the end of loading.
But the light-blue bright sky is very pleasant! Thank You.

#10 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 04 December 2020 - 04:49 PM

View PostMSTSCHILE, on 29 September 2020 - 04:58 PM, said:

An example on the Maria Pass route, with distant mountains, of how fog is visualized with different variants, fog with more density, cloudy weather, total cloudiness, clear weather... it would be good to incorporate it, very visually pleasing. It's not difficult to add it for personal use, but my fear is that in future versions it can't do that.

Is this working with Open Rails Monogame? i want to know if there is the possibilities of some crashes with the files.. so i can download it normally!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users