• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Missing OpenAL32.dll Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Mac 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 21 August 2020 - 05:43 AM

I just downloaded the latest version of TSRE5(v0.698.1). When I went to install it I got a message that said computer was missing OpenAL32.dll. What do I do?
Thanks,
Mac

#2 User is offline   Crimsonfloyd 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Openrails

Posted 21 August 2020 - 05:53 AM

On the same page you downloaded TSRE5 from there is a folder that says "OpenAl". The file you need is in there. Depending on your system you will want either the 32 bit or 64 bit file. After you download it just drag and drop it into the main TSRE folder.

MARK

#3 User is offline   Mac 

• Apprentice

Posted 21 August 2020 - 07:53 AM

View PostCrimsonfloyd, on 21 August 2020 - 05:53 AM, said:

On the same page you downloaded TSRE5 from there is a folder that says "OpenAl". The file you need is in there. Depending on your system you will want either the 32 bit or 64 bit file. After you download it just drag and drop it into the main TSRE folder.

MARK

Mark,
I have no TSRE5 folder. When I went to this site: http://koniec.org/tsre5/data/ I got the newest version of TSRE5 but it came as an .exe direct. There was no zip folder. I did get the OpenAL32.dll file, however. What do I have to do?
Thanks for your help on this.
Mac

#4 User is offline   steved 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORMG

Posted 21 August 2020 - 08:08 AM

View PostMac, on 21 August 2020 - 07:53 AM, said:

Mark,
I have no TSRE5 folder. When I went to this site: http://koniec.org/tsre5/data/ I got the newest version of TSRE5 but it came as an .exe direct. There was no zip folder. I did get the OpenAL32.dll file, however. What do I have to do?
Thanks for your help on this.
Mac

Create a folder anywhere you like, except "programs", and put the TSRE.exe and openal32.dll in it. I have mine in G:/TSRE698.
Click on the TSRE exe and it will reach out to the web and download the stuff it needs to populate the folder and then it will start. Yes, it needs to be connected to the internet.
If you don't want to connect your computer to the internet you can do this on another computer that is and copy it to the one you want.

Steve

#5 User is offline   Mac 

• Apprentice

Posted 22 August 2020 - 03:03 AM

View Poststeved, on 21 August 2020 - 08:08 AM, said:

Create a folder anywhere you like, except "programs", and put the TSRE.exe and openal32.dll in it. I have mine in G:/TSRE698.
Click on the TSRE exe and it will reach out to the web and download the stuff it needs to populate the folder and then it will start. Yes, it needs to be connected to the internet.
If you don't want to connect your computer to the internet you can do this on another computer that is and copy it to the one you want.

Steve

Thanks to all who helped me on this. All went well
Mac

#6 User is offline   steved 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORMG

Posted 22 August 2020 - 06:54 AM

Glad you got it up and running.
Enjoy

Steve

#7 User is offline   linux_guy92 

• Apprentice
  • Pip
  • Group: Status: Fired
  • Simulator:matlab

Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:57 AM

I too had similar issues and searched google for the solution. I was then suggested to perform Windows Update and update graphics drivers. I did but didn't solve my issue. Also, I found that downloading the latest version of the missing DLL could solve the issue. So, I downloaded the OpenAL32.dll from this URL: https://dlldownloads.com/openal32-dll/. This way I fixed the issue. If anyone has a similar issue then consider this. Thanks.

#8 User is offline   avatrain1 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:MSTS and OR

Posted 23 November 2020 - 03:31 AM

Sometimes I don't understand you, you complicate your life by yourself, without looking around on the internet, the solution is available directly on the site from which you download the TSRE5 program, just click on the following link:
http://koniec.org/tsre5/data/openal/ there is a version of the dll in both 32 and 64 bit

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users