Elvas Tower: Problem starting activity with rev 71 and earlier - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Problem starting activity with rev 71 and earlier Need help to locate the Error=solved!! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Klaus 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:OR/MSTS

Posted 14 August 2020 - 04:17 AM

Hallo!Back after some time I installed MG rev 71 and activities crash at the end of the starting process.
With actual OR U2020.08.14-0121: no problems.With old MG U2020.04.30-1421 Rev 60.1: no problems. Rev 61-67 not tested
With the latest versions Rev. 68 and 71: crash.
Errormessage and OpenRailsLog.Txt as attachment.
Maybe thats an error provoked by SigScr.dat. See Line 4629 in OpenRailsLog.Txt. Is it right? Are there major changes in the signalcode?
Have you any suggestions for fixing the problem?
Thank you! Klaus

Annotation:The route is not a standard route and very complex (7 routes merged). Therefor theSIgCfg.dat and SigScr.dat are large files (16 MB and 0,5 MB).

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 01 September 2020 - 05:52 AM

To help understanding where the problem comes from can you try with OR NewYear MG rev. 50, that you can download from here http://www.interazio...wYear_MG_50.zip ? And can you attach the zipped sigscr.dat?

#3 User is offline   Klaus 

• Apprentice

Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:45 AM

Hallo Carlo!
Thank You for your answer (and all the tips and helpful posts here in the forum)!

Encouraged by your tip to look at the Signal.scr I tested this day for several hours.
My feedback:
OR is partial playable with all scripts deleted. Testing my route without Scripts: MR Rel. 71: OK. After deleting the signalscripts in blocks it was possible to restrict the problem to one Script. (Please have a look at the attachment ). Testing my route only with the critical Script deleted with MR Rel. 71: OK: route starts and is playable.
I can't find any error in the script and the signal definitions in the sigcfg.dat.
Perhaps you have more experiance.

Best regards,
Klaus

Attached File(s)

#4 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 02 September 2020 - 11:28 AM

At a first glance I can't find errors in the script of that signal. Can you try with OR NewYear MG rev. 50 (see download link in my preceding post)?

#5 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 03 September 2020 - 04:08 AM

It's not a problem with the signal script. The crash occurs in route_set, that's the method which checks the route_set function of the script, in other words it checks the signal's linked route.
That the crash does not occur when the script for that particular signal type is removed makes sense, as the route_set function for that script is then not executed so it can not crash.
My guess is that there is a signal of that particular type somewhere which has an invalid link. That will make the program crash when it tries to collect the information. The program tries to retrieve the required node from the nodes in the list TrackNodes, but if the reference is invalid that will make it crash.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#6 User is offline   Klaus 

• Apprentice

Posted 03 September 2020 - 09:56 AM

Hello!
@Carlos:
Route seems OK (startable and playable) in U2020.09.02 (yesterday) and Monogame Rel. 50 and Rel. 60 (only this versions tested).

@roeter:
... but i is astonishing, that the route works in actual OR unstable Versions e.g. U2020.09.02-0336 (tested until yesterday) und older MG versions.
However I will try in the next days to locate and remove the specific signals in the payware part of the route and test again with MG Rel. 71. But this will take a lot of time.
For the moment: Thank you very much.

Regards Klaus

#7 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 03 September 2020 - 10:35 AM

Klaus, on 03 September 2020 - 09:56 AM, said:

Hello!
@Carlos:
Route seems OK (startable and playable) in U2020.09.02 (yesterday) and Monogame Rel. 50 and Rel. 60 (only this versions tested).

@roeter:
... but i is astonishing, that the route works in actual OR unstable Versions e.g. U2020.09.02-0336 (tested until yesterday) und older MG versions.
However I will try in the next days to locate and remove the specific signals in the payware part of the route and test again with MG Rel. 71. But this will take a lot of time.
For the moment: Thank you very much.

Regards Klaus

Well, nothing has changes in this part of the signalling, either, so it is all pretty obscure.
Perhaps the changes made in monogame as discussed here somehow effects signal initiation. So perhaps just wait a bit before removing signals until this changes has been reversed.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#8 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 03 September 2020 - 10:58 AM

Klaus,
pls. attach also a zipped tsection.dat (from the Global folder). Are you using a customized version?

#9 User is offline   Klaus 

• Apprentice

Posted 04 September 2020 - 10:51 AM

Hallo Carlos!
Parts of the route are very old (2014) and therefor a special tsection.dat for railworks extensions are needed..
Works fine until MG Rel 60 and "normal" unstable versions.

Regards

Klaus

Attached File(s)

#10 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 04 September 2020 - 12:04 PM

Try this one. Two lines added. Same problem as in Trat 321.
Attached File  tsection.zip (10.71K)
Number of downloads: 1

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users