• You cannot reply to this topic

Idea for Advanced Consist Creation Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 08 August 2020 - 02:19 AM

Goodmorning everyone...
I wanted to have an opinion regarding the creation of the consist using rolling stock that does not work on the AE (making it crash in fact).
My intention would be this ... that is, to create a subfolder on the TRAINSET, containing precisely all those rolling stock that are not compatible and digestible by the AE .. in this case, when I will create a CONSIST with the TSRE5, opening the relative file , I will enter this type of path that bypasses the TRAINSET at this point and allows the user to be able to use even the rolling stock that are not digested by the AE without the latter crashing ...
I think it could be a valid solution for those like me, in the absence of a suitable EDITOR activity, can at least avoid wasting time tweaking to ensure that at least once every 100 years they can use rolling stock that maybe never uses due to this crash. ..!

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Immagine.jpg

#2 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 08 August 2020 - 11:44 AM

A faster solution might be this: Use a completely incorrect-for-the-route .eng file (e.g., an American unit) when you are in AE. Save. Make a copy of the relevant files for editing and replace the bogus reference with what unit you really want to use. Save. Then edit the relevant activity file(s) to put the name of the edited file in place of whatever AU wrote and now when running OR you get the units you want to see when running your activity.

Yes, a bit of work but the working solution will be there for you far sooner than any software fix can possible be ready (if ever).

#3 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 08 August 2020 - 04:14 PM

In fact, the solution you indicated is much more effective and above all functioning ..
Anyway, thank you, even if this involves a bit of a waste of time, but today I think it is the most suitable solution ..!

however, I also had the opportunity to test what my intent is .. and as I imagined it doesn't work ..!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users