Elvas Tower: Portable workbench for building the manual - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Portable workbench for building the manual

#1 User is offline   YoRyan 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails/unstable

Post icon  Posted 31 July 2020 - 01:08 PM

Hi all,

As there has been a lot of interest in contributing to our manual, which is written in reStructuredText and has to be processed by Sphinx, I thought I'd share a "workbench" I made to make the process of building it much easier: https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

It includes portable versions of all of the software packages you need to build the HTML and PDF versions of the manual - WinPython 3.8.3, Sphinx 3.1.2, and MiKTeX 20.6.29.

To use it,

• Extract the archive with 7zip (beware, the final size is 1.1 GB!).
  • In Windows Explorer, double-click on "Open Cmd.bat" or "Open Ps.bat". This will open a Command Prompt or PowerShell window with all of the workbench's utilities made available in %PATH%.
  • cd to the Source\Documentation\Manual directory in your Open Rails source tree (tip: You can drag and drop paths from Windows Explorer to the command line).
  • Run "make html" to produce an HTML manual, or "make latexpdf" to produce a PDF one.
  • If the build is successful, the files will output to _build\html or _build\latex.

#2 User is offline   xavivilla 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails - RailWorks

Posted 31 July 2020 - 02:27 PM

Thanks Ryan

Even having the tools installed on the pc, I will try its portable version that seems more current than the Pynton, Sphinx and MIKTeX versions than the ones I have.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users