More about the Manual Some difficult topics Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 28 July 2020 - 07:23 AM

Hi guys,

While the other thread "Missing from the Manual" continues, this time I want to ask about some confusing passages.

Can anyone explain to me what this means?

Attached Image: 2020-07-28 16_14_18-OpenRails-Testing-Manual.pdf - Foxit Reader.jpg

This text appears at the very start of the section on Open Rails Train Operation. At this point we don't have a definition for a "path", still less how it might require "a switch to be aligned both ways"

Many thanks,

#2 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 28 July 2020 - 11:40 AM

What I think this refers to is the following scenario:

1) Train on the mainline arrives at switch, switch aligned for siding,
2) Path follows switch into siding for local duty,
3) Train backs out of siding onto the main using a reverse point in the path,
4) Path now has reverse point that sets switch for mainline
5) train path continues on main to its next destination past the switch

Since the last path (#4) set the switch for the mainline, it remains set for the main rather than return to its original configuration set for the siding

#3 User is offline   xavivilla 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails - RailWorks

Posted 28 July 2020 - 01:12 PM

I understand the following:
When the game starts, all the switches are positioned directly.
When the player's train enters the node where the switch is and the player's train has to go to the detour, the switch aligns with the detour and the switch at the other end of the platform (which until now was oriented to the direct route) is oriented to the deviated route. When the train, after stopping on the platform, resumes its journey, passes through the second switch and returns to the main road, the two switches that it leaves behind, remain oriented towards the deviated track, do not reorient themselves direct, until another train requires it to form its paths

#4 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 July 2020 - 10:01 AM

View Postcjakeman, on 28 July 2020 - 07:23 AM, said:

Can anyone explain to me what this means?

So we have two clear interpretations - thanks Chris and Xavi.

But which of them is correct (or is it possible that both are)? Anyone know or able to find out?

#5 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 01 August 2020 - 04:20 PM

The whole 10.1.1 paragraph can be translated as follows:
10.1.1 Маршруты игрока и поездов, управляемых компьютером: как на них управляются стрелки.

Если маршрут игрока требует, чтобы стрелка переводилась в оба положения, то после прохода поезда её положение сохраняется.
Если состав, управляемый компьютером, пересечёт маршрут поезда игрока до его прохода, стрелки займут "прямое" положение (это-положение "по умолчанию" для большинства моделей стрелок).

Следствие:
Если Вы переведёте входную стрелку, чтобы занять боковой путь, выходная также переведётся, как только голова поезда пройдёт входную, давая возможность выйти на главный путь. Но затем, она так и останется в этом положении. Выходя с бокового пути, вы можете проследовать пошёрстно стрелку в неправильном положении. Если же вы отцепитесь и снова прицепитесь к составу, стоящему на стрелке в неправильном положении, хвост поезда уйдёт на другой путь.

As I understand, the rest switches are aligned automatically, following the first one's alignment, to give the way to player's train, according to its path; and then, remain at that alignment.
In the other hand, the switches after AI train passing, are change their alignment to "main route", which is default to most of switch models.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users