Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Adding AI Traffic to TSRE5 Activity Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Nighthawk72 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 06 July 2020 - 09:15 AM

Does anyone know if there is a clear, concise, step-by-step procedure for adding AI traffic to a new or existing activity in TSRE5? The problem I seem to have is that when I add a selected consist to the Service Editor, the name of the consist appears in the left hand section of the Service Window, but the service is not marked w/a check mark in the "This" column and does not show up in the "Used By" window, even though the service has been added in the Traffic Editor. Would appreciate any advice offered. Thanks...Hawk

#2 User is offline   Amtrak115 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 06 July 2020 - 11:08 AM

The way I've done it is:

1. Define AI Path (including passing sidings if necessary) (in Track Viewer)
TSRE
2. Define AI Service
3. Define Traffic file which contains all the AI services defined in step 2. Also define starting times in Traffic file.
4. Here's where it gets a little cluegy.... Select Activity File in TSRE. Select Traffic file in TSRE. Edit activity file...Add/subtract 1 second to activity start time...Click on save button. I've found if you don't edit activity file TSRE will not save the traffic file as part of the activity.
5. If for some reason you have to change the starting time on a service in the traffic file.....after the initial save....it will not update the times in the activity. The traffic file will be correct, however the activity file will contain the original starting times. you either have to manually update the starting times. or delete the traffic file from the activity, then add it back in.

When defining starting times...take things like length of path and where you want meets to occur. Example if AI path goes the whole route...and it takes 4 hours to complete route, and you want your first meet to be in the 1st quarter of the route, set a starting time like 3 hours before the activity start time. The simulation will start the AI traffic on the route in the 1st quarter....

anyway...that's what I've found/figured out. may not be correct but it works.

Barry

#3 User is offline   Nighthawk72 

• Hostler

Posted 06 July 2020 - 12:29 PM

Barry" thx for the reply. In reading your note, it appears that my problem may be in step 4 & may relate to not modifying the Activity Editor after adding the intended service to the Service Editor. So if I understand correctly, after creating the path I want the AI to follow in Track Viewer, I add the desired consist to the Service Editor, open the Traffic Editor, select that service, add that service, & define a start time based on its origination point. Then, once all of that data has been added to both the Service & Traffic Editors, that's when I go back to the Activity Settings section & change the start time & save all changes?

quote name='Amtrak115' timestamp='1594062516' post='260266']
The way I've done it is:

1. Define AI Path (including passing sidings if necessary) (in Track Viewer)
TSRE
2. Define AI Service
3. Define Traffic file which contains all the AI services defined in step 2. Also define starting times in Traffic file.
4. Here's where it gets a little cluegy.... Select Activity File in TSRE. Select Traffic file in TSRE. Edit activity file...Add/subtract 1 second to activity start time...Click on save button. I've found if you don't edit activity file TSRE will not save the traffic file as part of the activity.
5. If for some reason you have to change the starting time on a service in the traffic file.....after the initial save....it will not update the times in the activity. The traffic file will be correct, however the activity file will contain the original starting times. you either have to manually update the starting times. or delete the traffic file from the activity, then add it back in.

When defining starting times...take things like length of path and where you want meets to occur. Example if AI path goes the whole route...and it takes 4 hours to complete route, and you want your first meet to be in the 1st quarter of the route, set a starting time like 3 hours before the activity start time. The simulation will start the AI traffic on the route in the 1st quarter....

anyway...that's what I've found/figured out. may not be correct but it works.

Barry
[/quote]

#4 User is offline   Nighthawk72 

• Hostler

Posted 06 July 2020 - 12:30 PM

Barry" thx for the reply. In reading your note, it appears that my problem may be in step 4 & may relate to not modifying the Activity Editor after adding the intended service to the Service Editor. So if I understand correctly, after creating the path I want the AI to follow in Track Viewer, I add the desired consist to the Service Editor, open the Traffic Editor, select that service, add that service, & define a start time based on its origination point. Then, once all of that data has been added to both the Service & Traffic Editors, that's when I go back to the Activity Settings section & change the start time & save all changes?

#5 User is offline   Amtrak115 

• Fireman

Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:27 PM

That's correct

#6 User is offline   Nighthawk72 

• Hostler

Posted 06 July 2020 - 03:18 PM

Could there be another step here that I'm leaving our b/c I've tried several times w/no luck. Even created an entirely new activity thinking that might be the cause, but that didn't work either. At what point do the check marks appear in the Service Editor window indicating that the consist is included in the activity?

#7 User is offline   Amtrak115 

• Fireman

Posted 07 July 2020 - 06:54 AM

View PostNighthawk72, on 06 July 2020 - 03:18 PM, said:

At what point do the check marks appear in the Service Editor window indicating that the consist is included in the activity?

ok when I open TSRE, using Bob Wirth's Chilicothe Sub., Then under tools select Activity, I pull down the activity list and select "Super Chief 18 1959" The player service and the traffic file for that activity should appear (See Capture1.jpg)...if if doesn't then the activity file is messed up somehow. Then when you select Service editor, the list services used in that activity are checked...see Capture.jpg. you should get this after saving the activity as described above. Have you looked at the activity file with "notepad"?? to verify what's in it is showing up in the activity editor of TSRE?

BTW. Capture2.jpg is my traffic file...

Attached File(s)

#8 User is offline   Amtrak115 

• Fireman

Posted 07 July 2020 - 07:06 AM

I went reread earlier posts....

maybe some clarification is in order....

1 Define Paths using Track Viewer.

2. Define an AI service, Select consist for that service, select path for the service, indicate any/all stops you want that service to include.

3. Define Traffic file by adding the requested AI Services for that traffic.

4. Select Activity, it should show player service, Select traffic. click on "Open Settings" and modify start time by 1 second as an example...you just need to modify the activity settings somehow...then close that window...Click on "Save Activity" you should get a dialog box displaying the list of activities, services, and traffic files modified. click "Save"

Don't know if I clarified or confused things???
Barry

#9 User is offline   fakugubana93 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 May 2021 - 10:40 AM

Hi, how do I get A1 traffic to start after 00:00 the next day?

for example:

I leave with a train at 8:00 p.m. on May 25 and the traffic leaves at 1:00 a.m. from the other terminal on May 26, the simulator takes it as the same day that the train left at 1:00 a.m. From the 25th, is there any way to configure it to start on the 26th at 1:00 a.m.?

I don't know if I can explain myself, use a translator since I speak Spanish

#10 User is offline   Kapitaen13 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 29 May 2021 - 11:18 AM

Midnight traffic

So just added to the number 86400 the number of seconds to appear traffic.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users