Elvas Tower: Unstable releases more recent than U2020.06.02-0706 aren't downloadable - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unstable releases more recent than U2020.06.02-0706 aren't downloadable Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 07 June 2020 - 11:51 PM

Unstable releases more recent than U2020.06.02-0706 aren't downloadable. They are present in the list here https://james-ross.c...&utm_medium=app , but they aren't present here https://james-ross.c...jects/or/builds neither the Updater gets them.

#2 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 10 June 2020 - 04:25 AM

Is there any more information on this?

#3 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 11 June 2020 - 03:53 AM

Am I alone in having this problem?

#4 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 11 June 2020 - 10:28 AM

0706 was the last update offered here.

#5 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 11 June 2020 - 10:33 AM

https://james-ross.c...&utm_medium=app has several later ones listed.

#6 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 11 June 2020 - 10:44 AM

Yes, but like Carlo stated in the OP, they are not present in the builds list

#7 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 13 June 2020 - 02:15 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 07 June 2020 - 11:51 PM, said:

Unstable releases more recent than U2020.06.02-0706 aren't downloadable. They are present in the list here https://james-ross.c...&utm_medium=app , but they aren't present here https://james-ross.c...jects/or/builds neither the Updater gets them.

I've emailed James Ross about this issue. Will post here when I have more info.

#8 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 13 June 2020 - 05:25 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 07 June 2020 - 11:51 PM, said:

Yes, there are no more recent builds because the code included in the Unstable Version by the Code Bot does not compile. The automated systems are all running.

To make this clearer, I've added some build status indicators in the readme shown in GitHub. I have also just created a pull request that links to the build logs for official builds, so that you can see exactly why it failed (those links are already there for "Code verification" AKA AppVeyor builds).

To quote from those logs:

"E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable\workspace\Source\ORTS.sln" (Clean;Build target) (1) ->
"E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\RunActivity.csproj" (default target) (9:6) ->
(CoreCompile target) -> 
  Viewer3D\WebServices\WebServer.cs(23,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'EmbedIO' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\RunActivity.csproj]
  Viewer3D\WebServices\WebServer.cs(24,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'EmbedIO' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\RunActivity.csproj]
  Viewer3D\WebServices\WebServer.cs(25,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'EmbedIO' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\RunActivity.csproj]
  Viewer3D\WebServices\WebServer.cs(39,23): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'EmbedIO' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\RunActivity.csproj]
  Viewer3D\WebServices\WebServer.cs(41,23): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'EmbedIO' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\RunActivity.csproj]
  Viewer3D\WebServices\WebServer.cs(56,57): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IHttpContext' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\RunActivity.csproj]
  Viewer3D\WebServices\WebServer.cs(63,40): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'WebApiController' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\RunActivity.csproj]
  Viewer3D\WebServices\WebServer.cs(90,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RouteAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\RunActivity.csproj]
  Viewer3D\WebServices\WebServer.cs(90,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Route' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\RunActivity.csproj]
  Viewer3D\WebServices\WebServer.cs(90,16): error CS0103: The name 'HttpVerbs' does not exist in the current context [E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\RunActivity.csproj]
  Viewer3D\WebServices\WebServer.cs(128,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RouteAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\RunActivity.csproj]
  Viewer3D\WebServices\WebServer.cs(128,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Route' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\RunActivity.csproj]
  Viewer3D\WebServices\WebServer.cs(128,16): error CS0103: The name 'HttpVerbs' does not exist in the current context [E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\RunActivity.csproj]
  Viewer3D\WebServices\WebServer.cs(172,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RouteAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\RunActivity.csproj]
  Viewer3D\WebServices\WebServer.cs(172,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Route' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\RunActivity.csproj]
  Viewer3D\WebServices\WebServer.cs(172,16): error CS0103: The name 'HttpVerbs' does not exist in the current context [E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\RunActivity.csproj]

784 Warning(s)
    16 Error(s)

View Postcjakeman, on 13 June 2020 - 02:15 AM, said:

I've emailed James Ross about this issue. Will post here when I have more info.

Thanks, hopefully the above shows what's wrong and (once my new PR is merged) allows everyone else to also investigate on their own.

#9 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 13 June 2020 - 07:28 AM

James,
pls. analyse this better: the Unstable release dated U2020.06.12-1821 compiles and runs well on my computer (and I'm not the author of the WebServer PRs).
Same applies to U2020.06.13-1321.
Attached you get the readme.md for the latter
Attached File  README.md.txt (3.83K)
Number of downloads: 261

P.S. Situation has already evolved positively.

P.P.S Not so positively. At the moment if the web server is added to the Unstable pack, the Unstable release is not generated.

#10 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 13 June 2020 - 07:34 AM

View PostJames Ross, on 13 June 2020 - 05:25 AM, said:

Thanks, hopefully the above shows what's wrong and (once my new PR is merged) allows everyone else to also investigate on their own.

YoRyan and I were the authors of the Web Server PR and, of course, it compiled fine on our PCs.

I think I understand what is happening and have responded. I'm expecting the next run of the Code Bot will deliver a working Unstable version.

The previous failing run was at 15:21 GMT.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users