• You cannot reply to this topic

ORTS_BATTERY and ORTS_POWERKEY Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Paolo 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 07 June 2020 - 04:31 AM

Hello everyone!

I created two new commands to simulate the start of the batteries and the cab desk activation key. Both controls are equipped with sound triggers. The commands are called ORTS_BATTERY activated by the combination "ctrl + b" and ORTS_POWERKEY activated by the combination "ctrl + k". The first command simulates the switch usually located in the rear of the cabs, which powers all the train services at 24v.
The ORTS_POWERKEY command simulates the insertion of the key that unlocks the cabin desk. Usually, the switching on of the diagnostic monitors is also connected to this function.
I thank Carlo for the support in the development. I have provided him the code changes so that they can be included in the realase of OR and in future versions of the Monogame.

Paolo

#2 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS / Open Rails

Posted 07 June 2020 - 05:27 AM

Hi Paolo,

Another great feature! Do you already know the discrete_triggers used?
Another question, does this function work "separately" or is there a link with other functions, for example the circuit breaker or cabin switches.

Cheers, Roger

#3 User is offline   FloBarr 

• Apprentice
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 07 June 2020 - 05:55 AM

Hi,

Good idea! Is voltage of battery handled ? It varies dépendant on country/engine (72v for french locos, 72v, 24v on dmu /emu)

Flo

#4 User is offline   Paolo 

• Apprentice

Posted 07 June 2020 - 10:12 AM

Triggers will be 177 and 178 for ORTS_BATTERY and 179 180 for ORTS_POWERKEY.
Up to now the command aren't linked to other function.
At the moment there is a visualization of two states which I think allows to cover the different voltage values ​​of each country.

Paolo

#5 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor

Posted 07 June 2020 - 11:58 AM

Paolo, on 07 June 2020 - 10:12 AM, said:

Triggers will be 177 and 178 for ORTS_BATTERY and 179 180 for ORTS_POWERKEY.
Up to now the command aren't linked to other function.
At the moment there is a visualization of two states which I think allows to cover the different voltage values ​​of each country.

Paolo

Thanks for the information. That the command is not linked further is no problem, perhaps more of an advantage.
I'm curious! :)

#6 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 10 June 2020 - 12:41 PM

ORTS_BATTERY and ORTS_POWERKEY are now available in OR NewYear MG rev. 65. In this first release the two cab controls can be linked to sounds and can have frames, but there is not an influence on the locomotive status yet.

#7 User is offline   IndraSkar 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Openrail

Posted 11 June 2020 - 07:27 AM

FloBarr, on 07 June 2020 - 05:55 AM, said:

Hi,

Good idea! Is voltage of battery handled ? It varies dépendant on country/engine (72v for french locos, 72v, 24v on dmu /emu)

Flo

Exactly,
the battery voltages varies depending on country. Our Indian Locos use 110v DC.

#8 User is offline   IndraSkar 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Openrail

Posted 11 June 2020 - 07:41 AM

Paolo, on 07 June 2020 - 04:31 AM, said:

Hello everyone!

I created two new commands to simulate the start of the batteries and the cab desk activation key. Both controls are equipped with sound triggers. The commands are called ORTS_BATTERY activated by the combination "ctrl + b" and ORTS_POWERKEY activated by the combination "ctrl + k". The first command simulates the switch usually located in the rear of the cabs, which powers all the train services at 24v.
The ORTS_POWERKEY command simulates the insertion of the key that unlocks the cabin desk. Usually, the switching on of the diagnostic monitors is also connected to this function.
I thank Carlo for the support in the development. I have provided him the code changes so that they can be included in the realase of OR and in future versions of the Monogame.

Paolo

Hi, Thanks for introducing these two new cabcontrol. These controls are animating fine independently but not provide an effect on panto and circuit breaker (DJ) switch.
As in a real loco, if the battery not in "ON" state, the panto or circuit breaker (DJ) can`t be operate. So, is there any chance to linked these cabcontrol with panto and circuit breaker (DJ) as real locomotive by providing any parameter in .Eng file or something else?

#9 User is offline   Paolo 

• Apprentice

Posted 11 June 2020 - 12:09 PM

Hi! You're right also in my country this control work in the same way.
Up to now they aren't link to Pantographs and Circuit braker, because I want to understand if developing new controls to improve the realism in enabling a locomotive can generate follow-up and interest. I would like to add other controls for example to enable the engines and many other functions, therefore I think that in the future I will take care of connecting all the controls.

#10 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor

Posted 11 June 2020 - 11:38 PM

Paolo, on 11 June 2020 - 12:09 PM, said:

I would like to add other controls for example to enable the engines and many other functions, therefore I think that in the future I will take care of connecting all the controls.

If ORTS_Battery and ORTS_Powerkey are connected to other functions, this would be very nice. I hope this is done via setting in the .ENG file! Do not forget that these new functions can also be used with diesels and even with steam locomotives. (think of the current train influence systems).

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users