• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MU, DPU & AESS Diesel Engine management Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 09 June 2020 - 10:28 AM

Hi Railguy, maybe there aren't enough .sms triggers, but the problem is that also the ones existing are not used.

#12 User is offline   FloBarr 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 09 June 2020 - 10:54 AM

Hi,

For the starting delay, could make it possible, but it's not linked to AESS specifically as far as I understand, but at the locomotive itself. On french locos I know, not equiped with AESS, for a cold startup, a 2 minutes timer exists, for lubrication before the start itself. Therefore, I think a timer should be included in DieselEngine parameters, not on AESS parameters. For the sounds, I think it may lack a cold startup trigger. Don't have look on how it works. But, with a delay and sounds correctly set, it would be possible to do something correct.

Flo

#13 User is offline   hroch 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 10 June 2020 - 12:45 AM

View PostFloBarr, on 09 June 2020 - 10:54 AM, said:

On french locos I know, not equiped with AESS, for a cold startup, a 2 minutes timer exists, for lubrication before the start itself. Therefore, I think a timer should be included in DieselEngine parameters, not on AESS parameters.

Hi FloBarr

Thank you for nice new feature.

Czech, Russian and other locomotives are also lubricated before the start too.
The trick with triggers for the mirrors. https://www.youtube....h?v=e9Mu3ZpFZHs
For example, some Czech locomotives lubricate before start when the water temperature is lower than 60 degrees of Celsius for 60 seconds.
https://www.youtube....h?v=VM2Y3fCwcOs in time 20:46-21:57 and in time 31:03-32:12
When the water temperature is higher than 60 degrees Celsius, the locomotive lubricates before starting for 10 seconds.
Some locomotives do not lubricate before start.
https://www.youtube....h?v=bEX3tJR3WNY

Please, Was it possible to add a parameter so that the locomotive was switched off at the start of the Open Rails? Maybe parameter to consist file and activities file StopEngineOnStart.
Attached Image: confile.JPG

#14 User is offline   FloBarr 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 10 June 2020 - 03:14 AM

Hi,

I've done a modification, and it works. Sound trigger is set when the start control is used (not changed), and the startup occurs after a delay defined in the .eng file. If starting sound include the lubricating sound, it will works well. My solution only manage 1 timer, because it may exists as many criterias and delay as locomotive or manufacturers!

I will include this in my AESS, DPU, MU and now engine mod, and submit this when I know how to do this correctly!

For the state of the engine at the begining of the game, I don't know, need to look.

Flo

#15 User is offline   Diter258r 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 03 July 2020 - 04:42 AM

Nice

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users