• You cannot reply to this topic

$dispose Command Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   CoasterGreg2104 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 21 May 2020 - 08:42 AM

Hi all,

I've searched a few other forums for a possible solution, with no luck. Here's my issue: There are a few trains on a particular timetable that are intended to "unload" passengers at the final station, then proceed to the "service track" which is located half a mile north of said station. At that "service track," the train is intended to utilize the $form command and form another train, a few hours later. There is a platform marker on the service track, and I have addded it as a stop for the trains in question. However, for some reason the trains will terminate at the final station stop (prior to the service track) and will form at that stop. This causes a big issue due to other trains requiring to utilize that platform during that train's layover. I did read the updated timetable editor user guide, and aftery some trial and error trying a few different commands, such as $stable or $triggers, still no luck. Both the inbound and outbound train's paths extend to the service track. I'm sure there is an answer to this behavior, but not one that is obvious to me. It should be noted that I have several other AI trains performing the same or similar behaviors at different locations along the route, with no issues. Would it be possible that OR is not recongnizing the "service track" as a station stop? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 User is offline   FloBarr 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 21 May 2020 - 09:22 AM

Hi,

Have you look at the log, if a command is not executed, a path could not be created, ... an error is generated. I've solved some problems of that kind on a timetable with the log (consist not executing a task, and locking an entire station). Once the problem is known, it's pretty easy to solve it!

Flo

#3 User is offline   CoasterGreg2104 

• Apprentice

Posted 21 May 2020 - 09:41 AM

View PostFloBarr, on 21 May 2020 - 09:22 AM, said:

Hi,

Have you look at the log, if a command is not executed, a path could not be created, ... an error is generated. I've solved some problems of that kind on a timetable with the log (consist not executing a task, and locking an entire station). Once the problem is known, it's pretty easy to solve it!

Flo
Unfortunatley, no information in the log. It seems the command is executing correctly, however too early in the trip. It seems the train wants to disregard the "service track" as a turnaround point.

#4 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 21 May 2020 - 10:07 AM

Are the station names for the service track and the actual platform the same? If so, this won't work. Another problem could be if there are no signals between the platform and the service track, in that case the program may think the train has reached the end of the path.
As last resort, you can always split the train - terminate it at the platform, then form into a new working from platform to service track, then a service from service track to platform where it forms into the required new train.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#5 User is offline   CoasterGreg2104 

• Apprentice

Posted 21 May 2020 - 11:57 AM

View Postroeter, on 21 May 2020 - 10:07 AM, said:

Are the station names for the service track and the actual platform the same? If so, this won't work. Another problem could be if there are no signals between the platform and the service track, in that case the program may think the train has reached the end of the path.
As last resort, you can always split the train - terminate it at the platform, then form into a new working from platform to service track, then a service from service track to platform where it forms into the required new train.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

No, that station names are different. No signals either. I'll have to try the last resort method and see what happens. Thanks for the info!

#6 User is offline   CoasterGreg2104 

• Apprentice

Posted 21 May 2020 - 12:16 PM

So I added a new path and a new service for both the respot up to the service track, and well as return to the station, using the $form command. The inbound service formed successfully at the station, however seems to be... waiting. For what, nobody knows :o

#7 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 24 May 2020 - 01:25 AM

Three questions :
  • Can you show a screenshot of the trackviewer showing the situation and the path into the siding?
  • What is shown in the dispatcher hud for the train when it has formed into the working which is supposed to go into the siding?
  • What happens when you run this train as player train? Do you get permission to move or is the path somehow blocked?

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#8 User is offline   CoasterGreg2104 

• Apprentice

Posted 25 May 2020 - 10:35 AM

View Postroeter, on 24 May 2020 - 01:25 AM, said:

Three questions :
  • Can you show a screenshot of the trackviewer showing the situation and the path into the siding?
  • What is shown in the dispatcher hud for the train when it has formed into the working which is supposed to go into the siding?
  • What happens when you run this train as player train? Do you get permission to move or is the path somehow blocked?

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

Hi Rob, thanks for the reply. Attached below are screenshots of the original path for the service, and then the path for the respot to the layover service track. I will run this service as the player shortly to see how it behaves, and report back.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: bak2.jpg
  • Attached Image: bak.jpg

#9 User is offline   CoasterGreg2104 

• Apprentice

Posted 25 May 2020 - 10:50 AM

Interesting. I loaded up the service for the respot move. For this example, the orginal service is scheduled to arrive at the station at 07:45. I've inputted the train to remain at the station until 08:00. At that point my understanding is that the service should then form into the new service, which it did. The new service is scheduled to arrive the service track at 08:10. In the F10 station screen, it showed the service track as being the next scheduled stop, 0.4 miles away. However the countdown timer had already begun, with the departure time being 08:10. At 08:10, the service expired stating it would re-activate at 15:55 (the start time for the outbound service). Now, as hard as that is to understand, my conculsion goes back to your original question: are the platform names the same? The station is titled "BAKER TRACK 4" and the service track is titled "BAKER LAYOVER 1." Could it be that the sim is reading only the name "BAKER" and assumes it has already arrived at the correct platform? I will try re-naming the platform to see if that changes anything.

#10 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 25 May 2020 - 11:09 AM

It looks to me that the problem is caused by the fact there is nothing between the two platforms - both are on the same 'track circuit section' - there is no signal or switch separating these platforms. As the basic check is that the train must be in the track circuit section in which the platform is located, this situation confuses the program in thinking that the train is already at the required platform.
I suppose this could be seen as a bug but I'm afraid I can no longer correct such issues as my own 'private' version now deviates so much from the various official versions that it's no longer possible for me to keep track of the official versions.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users