• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SVR Arrival of the Forties Activity Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   beresford 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:29 AM

In this activity two Class Forties arriving from the Birmingham direction move through Kidderminster atation, reverse across and then pull forward across the link into the SVR before reversing onto a rake of coaches in the platform. They then set off for Bewdley and points beyond.

I found that the game was ignoring speed limit signs and just keeping a 5mph limit all the way to Bewdley. I also noticed that the headlights on the lead engine seem to switch in at the wrong end and the arrow in the Track Monitor points downwards. On arrival at Bewdley all the speed limits diappeared from the Track Monitor but reappeared after I changed cabs (to the rear of the leading engine). I changed cabs back and proceeded, but the game was still ignoring the speed limits. Somehow it thinks I'm going the other way.

#2 User is offline   dennisat 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails & MSTS

Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:00 AM

beresford, on 21 May 2020 - 07:29 AM, said:

In this activity two Class Forties arriving from the Birmingham direction move through Kidderminster atation, reverse across and then pull forward across the link into the SVR before reversing onto a rake of coaches in the platform. They then set off for Bewdley and points beyond.

I found that the game was ignoring speed limit signs and just keeping a 5mph limit all the way to Bewdley. I also noticed that the headlights on the lead engine seem to switch in at the wrong end and the arrow in the Track Monitor points downwards. On arrival at Bewdley all the speed limits diappeared from the Track Monitor but reappeared after I changed cabs (to the rear of the leading engine). I changed cabs back and proceeded, but the game was still ignoring the speed limits. Somehow it thinks I'm going the other way.

I've had a look at this and first had to deal with the Player path being broken. How this happened on my copy I've no idea.
The lights are not a bug. The Lights section in the eng file has been designed so that first press of "H" switches the tail lights to the front, the next press switches the tail lights to the rear and turns on dim headlights. Very odd design but I've seen this on a few other old models.

As to the speed limits, they seem OK up to coupling to the coaches but I've not yet got further because there's still problems with my "repaired" Player path. I'm going to search all my old backups for a workable version and see if I can get further.

Dennis

#3 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:35 AM

Hi Gentlemen,
I've been looking for this activity without success :(

Can you please tell me from where I can download it? It doesn't seem to be included in the CD or download versions, nor from UKTS.

Cheers,
Ged

#4 User is offline   dennisat 

• Conductor

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:02 AM

slipperman, on 23 May 2020 - 08:35 AM, said:

I've been looking for this activity without success :(

Can you please tell me from where I can download it? It doesn't seem to be included in the CD or download versions, nor from UKTS.

Hi Ged,

The act is on the Uktrainsim CD "Severn Valley Railway Gala". I've checked the list and it seems to be still available.

Dennis

#5 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 24 May 2020 - 12:38 AM

Hi Dennis,
Many thanks :)

I do have that CD, but never thought of looking at it! DOH!!

Cheers,
Ged

#6 User is offline   beresford 

• Fireman

Posted 28 May 2020 - 02:00 AM

dennisat, on 22 May 2020 - 03:00 AM, said:

As to the speed limits, they seem OK up to coupling to the coaches but I've not yet got further because there's still problems with my "repaired" Player path. I'm going to search all my old backups for a workable version and see if I can get further.

Dennis

Is there any file I can send you to help, either as an attachment or directly?

I tried this again (with the latest 'unstable' update'). As I approach the rake of coaches in Kidder station the arrow in the Track Monitor points upwards. When I try to depart the arrow points downwards. I tried a third time to check, and the reversing arrow on the end of the coaches definitely disappears from the Track Monitor.

#7 User is offline   dennisat 

• Conductor

Posted 28 May 2020 - 09:19 AM

beresford, on 21 May 2020 - 07:29 AM, said:

Hi,

My observations so far:

I've noticed that when reversing onto the coaches without pausing, I get the symptoms you describe. If you stop a few metres short of the coaches the locos are reversed in response to the reversing point. If you then back on to the coaches, everything works fine. This could be a problem with the reversing point logic, the positioning of the reversing point, the positioning of the coaches, the track, or a combination of all of these. I have tried moving the reversing point but it hasn't cured the problem.

Some time ago, I came across a similar reversing point problem with an activity on the Briscard route. This has multiple reversing points over a complex track layout and I've never got this to work at all. It blows up with Node "No Path", "End Auth" or "Loop".

These cases are probably for the signalling logic experts to look at.

Dennis

#8 User is offline   beresford 

• Fireman

Posted 29 May 2020 - 01:56 AM

dennisat, on 28 May 2020 - 09:19 AM, said:

Hi,

My observations so far:

I've noticed that when reversing onto the coaches without pausing, I get the symptoms you describe. If you stop a few metres short of the coaches the locos are reversed in response to the reversing point. If you then back on to the coaches, everything works fine. This could be a problem with the reversing point logic, the positioning of the reversing point, the positioning of the coaches, the track, or a combination of all of these. I have tried moving the reversing point but it hasn't cured the problem.

Some time ago, I came across a similar reversing point problem with an activity on the Briscard route. This has multiple reversing points over a complex track layout and I've never got this to work at all. It blows up with Node "No Path", "End Auth" or "Loop".

These cases are probably for the signalling logic experts to look at.

Dennis

Thank you for your assistance. It has been a long time since I played this scenario because I have only recently got the brakes fixed on the Class 40's.I found also that if you back onto the coaches and reverse a bit that seems to fix it. Next question, if you ever get that far, is why there is no water in the Severn at Victoria Bridge ! I also noticed that objects seem to 'pop up', for example the engine shed at Bridgnorth appears suddenly as I come into the station and yet my graphics settings are fairly high.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users