Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Consist: <missing: CONSISTS> Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 18 May 2020 - 06:44 AM

After doing the timetable editing and all set to go in Open Rails_NewYear_MG. I was surprised to see the error after launch the program of Open Rails then click Timetable mode and choose the Timetable set: <load error Ruel Sub 1995>; Timetable: <load error: Ruel Sub 1995> and Train: <?> <?> ^ <?>. Also on the right pane of Open Rails show Consist: <missing: CONSISTS>. The train consists are included in TRAINS Folder with subfolder Consists. I am not sure what to look for this problem.

Thank you,

John

#2 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 18 May 2020 - 10:32 AM

Got this figured out and my problem is that I jumped into the gun to do the Timetable Editing right away instead of reading the manual first. I should have wait till after reading the manual then get a better picture what I am doing with Timetable Editing. Sorry about this. Next time will take my time to do first to read the manual then do something else not vice versa.

John

#3 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 07 December 2020 - 04:13 PM

I have noted one unpleasant thing.
When you are using multiple consist reference <engine>+<wagon(s)>+<something else, or nothing>
at your timetable, then editing it (for example, you are changing the loco to another one)
You probably will have an error during this timetable start after such changes.
The investigation shown to me, that it's necessary to look very carefully, that there are no white spaces persist after the part of sayed multiple consist deleting.
The problem is, that the spaces are invisible to human, but the program is trying to find and load the consist with name, containing just that space, and, as a result, load crashes, because such consist doesn't exist at your folder.
So verify carefully the content of the #consist row, maybe by highliting the text there, and delete all spaces to clear the reference text.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users