• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TSRE5 Consist Editor Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Nighthawk72 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 05 May 2020 - 05:43 AM

One follow-up question. Goku said to "check the last log file line". Is that in reference to the OR log? And, if so, which section is he referencing? If not, what log is he referencing? Copy of last OR log is attached. Thanks...Clint

Attached File(s)

#12 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 05 May 2020 - 05:55 AM

TSRE generates a log as well. It will appear somewhere in your TSRE install folder

#13 User is offline   Nighthawk72 

• Hostler

Posted 05 May 2020 - 07:43 AM

Did not know that. Thanks again...clint

#14 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 24 October 2021 - 02:54 PM

Nighthawk72, on 04 May 2020 - 08:00 AM, said:

Sorry for the delayed response. As far as recent changes to the pc or o/s, there have been none. I did not remember just where RE & CE resided on this pc, so I went into the properties menu for both shortcuts & discovered both reside in my downloads folder on my C drive. This was a surprise b/c I believe the install instructions call for both RE & CE to be installed in a folder containing both "Global" & "Routes" folders. All of my routes reside in 8 separate mini routes residing on my D drive, but the target for the shortcut I created months ago is the Downloads folder in my C drive.
That said, until yesterday, both programs have worked perfectly since the original install months ago. Also, my RE still functions perfectly...but the CE does not.

As mentioned in my original note, when I click on the shortcut to CE, I get the normal popup window that shows all mini routes and the location where they reside. A screen shot of that window is attached.

So. Bottom line here is that to my knowledge, there have been no recent changes on the pc that I am aware of that might have caused this problem. I was working in both RE & CE as late as 2 days ago & experienced no issues. However, after shutting down the pc for the night & restarting yesterday, RE continues to work fine but it appears that the pc cannot locate the path to the location where CE resides. THAT is my own unprofessional assessment based on the fact that the mini route selection window still opens up normally, but instead of opening up the consist files associated w/a specified mini route, the pc keeps searching for that file as long as I am willing to allow it to do so.

One additional bit of information. All of my consist files reside in a common consist folder that also resides on my D drive, and each route is linked to that file. I set this up a couple of years ago to save space on the hard drive. I have done the same for my Trainset, Shapes, TerrTex, & Textures folders and have not had any operating problems w/it since the initial setup. I have checked the link to the common consist folder & it is still functional. Clint

Just recently, last couple of days, I have the same issue with the Consist Editor only. The Route editor works just fine and properly. I also have had no known changes to my computer, desktop i5.
I am also looking for a solution, and find it odd that RE works properly but CE does not, with the same settings. All my Consist Files are in a common folder withing the Train-Sim Folder, where they have always been and worked properly. Anyone have a possible solution? I have the latest available version, 0.6958 for the CE.

#15 User is offline   DirtyRam 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 25 October 2021 - 04:05 AM

GTADon, on 24 October 2021 - 02:54 PM, said:

Just recently, last couple of days, I have the same issue with the Consist Editor only. The Route editor works just fine and properly. I also have had no known changes to my computer, desktop i5.
I am also looking for a solution, and find it odd that RE works properly but CE does not, with the same settings. All my Consist Files are in a common folder withing the Train-Sim Folder, where they have always been and worked properly. Anyone have a possible solution? I have the latest available version, 0.6958 for the CE.

Hey Don, there is a log.txt file right under the ConsistEditor.bat.
Check that out, lots of info in there.
He says check last line because thats where it errors, when it does.

Mike

#16 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 26 October 2021 - 08:17 AM

GTADon, on 24 October 2021 - 02:54 PM, said:

************* I have the latest available version, 0.6958 for the CE.

"latest" ???????????? 0.6958 was released 6/6/2018 There have been 17 versions since 0.6958.

The latest version is 0.7002 download from: http://koniec.org/tsre5/data/

#17 User is offline   ErieBerkshireFan 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 05 January 2022 - 03:25 AM

Why are they're invisible freight cars in The Consist Editor?

#18 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 05 January 2022 - 06:09 AM

ThebraveT1, on 05 January 2022 - 03:25 AM, said:

Why are they're invisible freight cars in The Consist Editor?

Which consist editor?
Where in the consist editor (Item display or consist display)?
Which freight cars?
Provide more detail as there could be more than one reason.

An overall answer would be the shape file is missing.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users