• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Future Animations Both Shapes an Cabs Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 01 May 2020 - 12:41 PM

Quite some years ago I remember seeing a video of a Russia based Simulator that had some impressive animations using what looked like MSTS content. I remember it had working brake cylinders an pistons.

My question is if there can be a list of "Part Names" and "Reference Part Names" none existence that can be used in future for ORTS to read an animate when coded? I recently started fixing up an building new shapes for updates to new an existing models I have made where I don't have to joint all these shape parts into one like a whole bogie full of parts jointed for example such as brakeshoes, pistons, brake cylinder, axle springs, handbrake chain
link etc. The same goes for Couplers an distance animation to stretch/bunch to motion as rounding curves coupled is to rotate or ORTS treating it as its own bogie at pivot.

My other question regards to 2d an 3d cabs getting some extended features an animations list for the future wants? Now that we have the new ORTS Signed Traction_Braking I see the step to ORTS only cvf files not messing with MSTS especially in 3D cabs. I feel its time to get the Odometer or/and Counters to be a cab future?

What I am asking for is ORTS development to do like a rule name list for planed future parts that can be made an animated now an once coded ORTS will have it already animating or displaying. It would help modelers from having to go back an forth updating... especially for payware or freeware uploaded content. I sure have a new model I want to release after I finish the 3D Cab sooner then July but want to get these animation part names in it.

Part Name List:
Fan01 : Animated by engine temperature exceeding a minimum parameter instead of using ROD's.
Fan11: Animated by engine temperature exceeding a critical parameter which can be a fan that turns on but animate faster.
Fan21 : Animated by engine temperature exceeding a max parameter which can be animated fire shaped at smoke stack or elsewhere or just another fan turning on at a 3rd phase.
BrakeCyl01, BrakePiston01 : Animated by brake cylinder pressure.
HandBrake01 : Animated by of course handbrakes applied an released even though ORTS needs a key to apply handbrakes to a % application.
CouplerA01 Front CouplerB01 Rear : Animated by curves an slack when coupled spring or no spring.
KnuckleA01 Front KnuckleB01 Rear : Animated open when uncoupled or broke, closed when coupling successful an locked.
AngleCockA01 Front AngleCockB01 : Animated open or closed.

Name your wish parts to have an future animation coded one of these days.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users