• You cannot reply to this topic

Advanced Steam Parameters Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Gehe 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 26 April 2020 - 01:42 PM

Hi All,

in the last days i did some tuning of steam locos using the advances steam Parameters.
I made some oberservations which I did not understand.

I used the parameter ORTSCylinderInitialPressureDrop to to achieve a better mapping to indicator diagrams.

By applying this Parameter I expected a change of the cutoff pressure and the MEP but I saw also a change of the steam chest pressure which I do not understand.
According to my knowledge the steam chest pressure is just influenced by the "resistance" of the elements between the boiler and the steamchest.
These are the pipes, the superheater und the regulator. Therefore I do not understand why the parameter ORTS CylinderInitialPressureDrop changes also the steam chest pressure.

This lead me to my second oberservation. The steam chest pressure decreases with velocity. In accordance with the steam tables which are part of the source code.
I expected that the steam chest pressure is a function of the amount of steam to be delivered by the boiler. This means higher steam usage will decrease the steam chest pressure.

To be sure that we talk about the same thing: According to my understanding the steam chest pressure is the pressure in the chamber before the valves and not behind the valves or in the cylinder itself.
I think purpose of this parameter is to model the losses of the valves and these losses are indeed a function of velocity.

Does anybody have a better knowledge than me and can kindly give some feedback to me?

Regards
Gehe

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users