Elvas Tower: Italian Cruise Control ( LCA System ) - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Italian Cruise Control ( LCA System ) An Important Function to increase drive realism Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 11 April 2020 - 03:00 AM

Goodmorning everyone..
I open this topic to talk and discuss the Cruise Control function.
In the field of simulation, I think it is right to be able to discuss realism, and future implementations .. as well as to encourage the team to invest in it because it would be a great step forward, and logically as a passionate railway enthusiast as well as aspiring railway worker, I have a lot of esteem towards of the team which is really taking many steps forward!

The Cruise Control function, especially here in Italy, consists of a lever located to the right of the control desk, which by moving it up or down, sets the automatic speed to be followed, otherwise it decreases it.
Moving the lever to the center cancels the function.
Subsequently, the function is attributed to a Lever, or the LCA, placed next to the speed setting lever, which is used to adjust the automatic traction of the train.
currently this lever acts as a manual speed regulator, in reality, in Italy, the manual speed regulator is located on the left, and has 2 functions, from the central position to the low dynamic braking, and from the central position to the top, speed regulator manual.

Attached Image: 1.jpg

Attached Image: 2.jpg

Everything is then visible from a diagnostic monitor on the left of the rolling stock, which in addition to displaying the general states of amperage and voltage, also displays the set speed ...

Attached Image: eb2afb07-92a9-4f40-9ffe-42db658fa4b1.jpg

On Open Rails, I have heard of Cruise Control to be implemented in the future .. therefore, I wanted to give an input to those who perhaps intend to make it for the Italian-style operation (clearly in other regions the operation is very different, see in Germany with the AFB, etc. ..).

I really hope that we continue straight on this road, because I am realizing that this Simulator is truly revolutionizing many things ..

Best wishes!

#2 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 04 August 2020 - 06:32 AM

Hi everyone, I brush up on this topic to ask if anyone is working on this system which I consider important given the future implementation of the SCMT security system.
I believe that in a simulator, especially given these developments, it is essential to have a real method of conduct, to drive manually, with a safety system that works like the real one, I would consider it absurd if not unreal ..!
I am also willing to collaborate to give insights on this .. as unfortunately I am not good with the Open Rails code

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users