• You cannot reply to this topic

Transparent textures not displaying Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Openrails

Posted 19 June 2020 - 03:36 AM

Hi ErickC
Thanks for your comments. I thought that in order to make this a separate drawcall, I could try adding an animation to the window. This had no effect.

Geoff

#12 User is offline   dennisat 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:Open Rails & MSTS

Posted 21 June 2020 - 12:40 AM

Hi,

There appears to be similar transparency effects on your class 47 cab windscreens and they work. I'm probably missing something or seeing something that's not there!

Dennis

#13 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer

Posted 21 June 2020 - 09:59 AM

Thanks Dennis, I will check.

#14 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer

Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:23 AM

As Dennis observed, my type 47 cab has 8 bit transparencies and they display correctly in MG and Testing versions.

So I did some tests. I added the windscreen out of my Falcon model into my steam engine model in TSM and re-exported the model. The problem persisted, in that the screen was visible in the 1.3 stable version but did not show in the MG or Testing versions.

So I added the window from my steam engine model into the Falcon model, and re-exported it to OR, and it did display in all versions. As can be seen in this picture.

Attached Image: window_MGF.JPG

So that suggested that it is a problem with the steam engine model, but not at the component level. So I made a copy of the model and deleted everything in it except for the windows and MAIN component. The window still did not display in the MG version or Testing version.

So now I am totally confused and out of ideas.

#15 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer

Posted 25 June 2020 - 06:25 AM

As I had no more ideas on the problem, I decided to get on with the modelling on my cab. One of the next things I want to add is the boiler level glasses. These will be transparent too and so I added a simple shape with a green tinted glass texture.

Not surprisingly, the boiler glasses did not display in the MG version, but imagine my surprise when I noticed that the window glass was now being shown!

So I deleted the boiler glasses again from the model and tried again. Sure enough, the window glass did not now display.

Then I added the window out of my Falcon model in addition to the boiler glasses. Surprise! Both boiler glasses and the window glass are displayed!

How wierd is that?

Attached Image: Capwip6.JPG

The Falcon windscreen I added is above the cab, but if I move my viewing position, up above this cab, the window is not showing. But, and here is a big BUT; if I move closer to the position where the window glass should be, eventually, it appears. If I move away, it disappears again.

Someone who knows about graphics may be able to explain this..

Geoff

#16 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer

Posted 25 June 2020 - 10:20 AM

Just to add a further clarification.

I have added another transparent part in another position in the model. Now the Falcon windscreen is showing all the time.

So it seems like I need to add one extra transparent part to make the others display.

That sounds sensible.....

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users