Elvas Tower: How to open Timetable Activity with what program? - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to open Timetable Activity with what program?

#1 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 03 April 2020 - 06:49 PM

I would like to know how do I open up the Timetable Activity to check one of the missing train consist? I did check the train consist and it's there in Consist folder but need to see the Timetable Activity file. Do I have to use the program of Excel to check? Let me know about this. I know the other part of the activity not timetable can check in Context or WordPad but not sure about Timetable Activity.

Look forward to get the answer about this.

John

#2 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 03 April 2020 - 08:28 PM

Hi John,

The files will open in excel but you would need to know the file format, which I don't.

#3 User is offline   MMax 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 03 April 2020 - 10:59 PM

You can open .timetable-or files with all programs that support CSV files. Examples of that are LibreOffice Calc, M$ Excel and of course the contributed timetable editor of Openails.

#4 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor

Posted 01 May 2020 - 01:14 PM

Right now I have the program of LibreOffice 6.4 on my desktop and am learning in process to create the timetable but my question is that I am not sure which one to save the file as. Here are the list below:

ODF Spreadsheet
ODF Spreadsheet Template
Flat XML ODF Spreadsheet
Unified Office Format Spreadsheet
Excel 2007-365
Excel 2007-365 Template
Excel 97-2003
Excel 97-2003 Template
Data Interchange Format
dBASE
HTML Document (Calc)
SYLK
Test CSV
Office Open XML Spreadsheet
Excel 2007-365 (macro enabled)

Let me know which one is the correct to save the file as? Then I can go on to save the file after created the timetable. I had a feeling that the last one with Excel 2007-365 (macro enabled) is the right one to save the file but will wait for others to reply about this.

Thank you,

John

#5 User is offline   MMax 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:35 PM

No, the .timetable-or file is a CSV file, so you should save it as that. You can either specify the file extension right in the save dialog or, if you want to be sure it saves in the right format, let it save as a .csv file and the rename it in Windows Explorer.
In the next dialog, you should set the cell seperator character to a comma (,), I think, but if Open Rails throws an error, try semicolon (;) instead – I can't remember at the moment which is the right one.
Hopefully this helps you.

#6 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 02 May 2020 - 04:28 AM

View PostMMax, on 01 May 2020 - 11:35 PM, said:

In the next dialog, you should set the cell seperator character to a comma (,), I think, but if Open Rails throws an error, try semicolon (;) instead – I can't remember at the moment which is the right one.

Either can be used as separator. That's why the first cell must be empty - it is used to determine which separator is used in that file.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#7 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:59 AM

Yes I have followed your messages with instructions but still can't get the timetable work in OpenRails and I see that in my last message I wrote Test CSV but it was a mistake to spell the word with " Test " And it should be Text CSV not Test CSV. OK now I am going to ask again what style of timetable save as in what? You will see the list above. And I am using LibreOffice ver. 6.4 (latest version). I am not sure what to save the timetable in what template?

Thank you again,

John

#8 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 02 May 2020 - 10:06 AM

In Excel, the file is output as 'Unicode text'.
That option does not seem to be available in LibreOffice. As long as there are no none-standard characters used in the timetable you might try 'Text CSV'.
Some languages have none-standard characters in place names, for instances, and those are lost in CSV files and therefor do not match the names as used in the route.
I use Excel but I do have LibreOffice installed, I will give it a try sometime in the next few days.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#9 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 02 May 2020 - 10:18 AM

You can set text encoding when saving CSV files in LibreOffice Calc. But I don't know what OR use. For MSTS compatible unicode, select Unicode UTF-16.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users