Elvas Tower: Cruise control - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 25 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cruise control Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 24 June 2021 - 12:46 PM

In OR NewYear MG rev. 100 a cruise control feature, developed by Jindrich and very slightly adapted by me (proportions of work more or less 99.99% vs 0.01%), is available.
The description of the feature can be found here http://www.interazio...isecontrol.html .
I must confess that, due to the fact that I'm not the author of the feature, I don't know the whole potential of it.

Together with Paolo we are inserting the feature in some Italian electric locos, and the results are quite satisfying. In the next days I have the intention to make available the download links to a demo loco.

#22 User is offline   Albertosaurio65 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open rails

Posted 29 June 2021 - 11:56 AM

Hi, I've been trying to do this since the update came out, and I can't do it, let's see if someone can help me, please

This is the cabin of a high speed train

Attached Image: Open Rails 2021-06-29 09-37-53.jpg

1-This lever is what controls the maximum speed, it is now at 0, and while the lever advances the preset speed increases, and when it is lowered, it reduces

2-This is the Traction/dynamic brake lever, when the cruise control is active, this lever establishes the power, if the preset speed is at 30, and this lever at 0, the train does not advance, for this it must have at least 1% acceleration. When using the dynamic, the train brakes, since the cruise control actually does is establish a speed limit, not maintain it.

3-This illuminated button is what activates the system, when pressed, it turns on and deactivates the system, if it is pressed again, the system is activated and the light turns off

I have tried to do everything in the ORTS but nothing, and I do not know which cockpit controls to use and I have read the .xls file

I'm also not sure what it can be done, if it can't be done currently, I'd like to suggest that kind of behavior

Thanks in advance

#23 User is offline   Jindrich 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 29 June 2021 - 01:06 PM

Hi!
I am the author of the CruiseControl. Post me PM, we will solve it. It's just misconfiguration. The CruiseControl is rather complex, that's why.
Jindřich

Albertosaurio65, on 29 June 2021 - 11:56 AM, said:

Hi, I've been trying to do this since the update came out, and I can't do it, let's see if someone can help me, please

This is the cabin of a high speed train

Open Rails 2021-06-29 09-37-53.jpg

1-This lever is what controls the maximum speed, it is now at 0, and while the lever advances the preset speed increases, and when it is lowered, it reduces

2-This is the Traction/dynamic brake lever, when the cruise control is active, this lever establishes the power, if the preset speed is at 30, and this lever at 0, the train does not advance, for this it must have at least 1% acceleration. When using the dynamic, the train brakes, since the cruise control actually does is establish a speed limit, not maintain it.

3-This illuminated button is what activates the system, when pressed, it turns on and deactivates the system, if it is pressed again, the system is activated and the light turns off

I have tried to do everything in the ORTS but nothing, and I do not know which cockpit controls to use and I have read the .xls file

I'm also not sure what it can be done, if it can't be done currently, I'd like to suggest that kind of behavior

Thanks in advance

#24 User is offline   Luis 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 01 July 2021 - 02:35 PM

Jindrich, on 29 June 2021 - 01:06 PM, said:

Hi!
I am the author of the CruiseControl. Post me PM, we will solve it. It's just misconfiguration. The CruiseControl is rather complex, that's why.
Jindřich

Hi Jindrich

Can you help me also?

Thankyou

Regards
Luis

#25 User is offline   Luis 

• Hostler

Posted 05 July 2021 - 02:10 AM

Csantucci, on 24 June 2021 - 12:46 PM, said:

In OR NewYear MG rev. 100 a cruise control feature, developed by Jindrich and very slightly adapted by me (proportions of work more or less 99.99% vs 0.01%), is available.
The description of the feature can be found here http://www.interazio...isecontrol.html .
I must confess that, due to the fact that I'm not the author of the feature, I don't know the whole potential of it.

Together with Paolo we are inserting the feature in some Italian electric locos, and the results are quite satisfying. In the next days I have the intention to make available the download links to a demo loco.

Hi Carlos

Thankyou so much.
I have try your italian loco, but without success, can you show us this in a video? maybe?

Grazie
Saluti
LN

#26 User is offline   Luis 

• Hostler

Posted 05 July 2021 - 03:51 AM

Luis, on 05 July 2021 - 02:10 AM, said:

Hi Carlos

Thankyou so much.
I have try your italian loco, but without success, can you show us this in a video? maybe?

Grazie
Saluti
LN

The Speed selector mode changed allways to neutral instead of On :/

#27 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 05 July 2021 - 08:46 AM

I assume you downloaded Pack_CruiseControl_Rev1.0.zip from http://www.interazio...ve.it/Downloads . I haven't yet shared this link here, because the readme is at the moment only in Italian.
At the moment, together with Paolo, we are equipping other locos with the CC. After that I should add also an English readme. So you should be a bit patient to get full instructions.
If you know a bit of Italian, you can follow this thread http://www.trainsimh...hp?f=23&t=19058 .
By the way, what keyboard or mouse sequence are you using to try to start the locomotive?

#28 User is offline   Luis 

• Hostler

Posted 05 July 2021 - 11:30 AM

Csantucci, on 05 July 2021 - 08:46 AM, said:

I assume you downloaded Pack_CruiseControl_Rev1.0.zip from http://www.interazio...ve.it/Downloads . I haven't yet shared this link here, because the readme is at the moment only in Italian.
At the moment, together with Paolo, we are equipping other locos with the CC. After that I should add also an English readme. So you should be a bit patient to get full instructions.
If you know a bit of Italian, you can follow this thread http://www.trainsimh...hp?f=23&t=19058 .
By the way, what keyboard or mouse sequence are you using to try to start the locomotive?

Thankyou Carlo :)
Wow GreatJob!
I use the keyboard for the start.

#29 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 14 July 2021 - 08:51 AM

At last there is an English readme for the first Cruise Control content pack.
The pack itself can be downloaded from my usual download page. The pack is Pack_CruiseControl_E464_Rev2.0.zip . At the moment two E464 locomotives, with different TCS interface, are equipped in the pack. The pack includes both the additional files for the TCS and for Cruise Control. If it is desired to try only Cruise Control, TCS operation can be disabled with the available option in the General Options of the OR menu.

#30 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 15 July 2021 - 02:15 AM

Hello.
If ORTSDynamicBrakeForceCurves and ORTSTractionCharacteristics are also in the eng, it doesn't work well. The dynamic brake alternates between Off and 0 very quickly.

Sincerely, Laci 1959

• 25 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users