• You cannot reply to this topic

Signalling Problem No AI traffic but signals green Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Docmartin 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 06 February 2020 - 02:27 PM

https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/19/87/17/29/signal12.jpg
The screenshot shows a scene from a test activity for my forthcoming Chiltern line route. Can anyone explain why the signals on the track adjacent to the player train are showing green when there are no AI trains in the activity?

The screenie is taken in Open Rails, though the same thing happens when the activity is run in MSTS. In MSTS, however and despite using MSBin, some of the signals do not light up at all.

The signals are the London Transport colour light signals developed by Jimi Ibett and his team for their District line route and used with permission. The signal scripts are contained in sigscr-LUL-signals.dat

Here are relevant lines extracted from the OR log file (the full log file is attached), which I am not knowledgeable enough to interpret:

Information: Duplicate SignalDrawState name 'amber', using name 'DST1' instead in C:\1MSTS\ROUTES\Chiltern\sigcfg.dat:line 194

Information: Skipped unknown signal aspect APPROACH in C:\1MSTS\ROUTES\Chiltern\sigcfg.dat:line 1641

Information: Skipped unknown signal aspect GREEN_1 in C:\1MSTS\ROUTES\Chiltern\sigcfg.dat:line 2640

Warning: Skipped duplicate SignalType gw_tubdistant in C:\1MSTS\ROUTES\Chiltern\sigcfg.dat:line 2768

Warning: Skipped duplicate SignalType lq/uq_headshunt in C:\1MSTS\ROUTES\Chiltern\sigcfg.dat:line 4357

Warning: 3 missing SignalType(s) in C:\1MSTS\ROUTES\Chiltern\sigcfg.dat:line 8707

Information: Skipped unknown SignalSubObj flag OPTIONAL_DEFAULT in C:\1MSTS\ROUTES\Chiltern\sigcfg.dat:line 11498

Warning: 4 missing SignalShape(s) in C:\1MSTS\ROUTES\Chiltern\sigcfg.dat:line 20265

Warning: sigscr-file line 1713 : Unknown parameter in statement : LMS_LOFS_BOARDEXTERN FLOAT STATE

Warning: Signal referenced in .w file -6075 14918 as TrItem 1124 not present in .tdb file
(a very large number of these errors flagged)

Any help that can be given with these issues will be gratefully received.

MartinAttached File  ORLog.zip (12.28K)
Number of downloads: 240

#2 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 06 February 2020 - 03:58 PM

These errors look like they came from a sigcfg file I was presented with recently. The biggest problem those lines point to is that GREEN_1 and APPROACH are not valid aspect tokens, so neither OR or MSTS has any idea what to do with them. I recommend changing GREEN_1 to CLEAR_1 and APPROACH to APPROACH_1. There are also a couple signal types in the sigcfg more than once, and a couple duplicate signal shapes.

That last error would freak me out if I saw it in one of my routes, since that tells me something is not right in the .tdb, and that tends not to end well

#3 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 06 February 2020 - 05:27 PM

>>>"That last error would freak me out if I saw it in one of my routes, since that tells me something is not right in the .tdb, and that tends not to end well"

Hi Doc,
When editing track in a route that is signaled the following rules must be followed but first a few definitions:

+ A Track Vector is all the track between two TrackNodes.
+ A TrackNode is the Red Pole on a turnout or a Track EndNode
+ A Track Item is a Signal, a Speedpost, a Siding Marker, a Platform Marker, Active Grade Crossings and Mileposts.

Rule 1. All Track Items must be removed from a Track Vector before altering the track.
For instance, inserting a turnout into a Track Vector because all track items are referenced to the TrackNodes on that Track Vector.
By referenced I mean the location of the item in the Track Database and the shape in the world file.

If you break into a Track Vector and insert a turnout you will change the existing references to the Track Items in the TDB.
Where there were two TrackNodes defining the Track Vector, there are now three TrackNodes.
This will trash the TDB leaving any track items with lost references. But. there is hope!
In TSRE you can select to display TDB Items.

Track Database Items will display as a Black Cube on the track.
For instance, a Signal Marker is displayed as a Red Pyramid so if Display TDB items is selected you will see a Red Pyramid overlaid with the Black Cube. see attached pic.

So if you have a case of 'Phantom Signals', that is, signals in the TDB but no signal shape is present in the Sim or visa versa, a signal shape present in the Sim but no Red Pyramid marker means no TDB entry for that signal. or...
You can see the signal in the Sim but it's missing from the Sim Track Monitor display OR the signal shows in the Track Monitor but there is no visible signal to view in the Sim.

For the red pyramid missing (signal not visible in the Track Monitor) you are good to go by just deleting the signal and then re-installing it.
For the red pyramid present (signal visible in the Track Monitor) but no signal shape is visible, set display TDB items (the Black Cube) you may leftclick the black box, it turns a shade of grey then press delete.
You'll be given a warning and you may reconsider what you are doing. Scared me too first time I used it and I must have used it several hundred time doing the PRR rebuild.

Bottom line
Signal shows black box and red pyramid is normal and good.
Black box by itself, no track objects present, delete the black box and save . It's now removed from TDB
Signal by itself, no red pyramid, no black box, delete the signal and save.

regards,
vince

any confusion just ask. v

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Edit_TDB_Items.jpg

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users