• You cannot reply to this topic

1 minute game pause before saving Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 02 February 2020 - 06:53 PM

I recently encountered a 1 minute game pause before saving. Sound continues, video froze for 56 seconds.

This save delay happens frequently with all MG releases, usually it is in the range of 2-5 seconds at most...but this one was unusually long. It is not apparent at first when running any activity but seems to appear after the activity has been saved quite a few times....this is all routes, all types of activities.

I had gone back to this MG Revision: 1.3.1-52 Rev. 19. to finish an activity generated with the Buffalo template. ( log attached ). When it occurred and I finally got out of the game...I did a fresh restart of the activity and tried to save...no delay whatsoever. I even roll backed a new graphics driver ( Nvidia ) I had installed, this made no change in the delay behavior. I have also cleaned out the OR Cache of everything up to Dec1st 2019 --- that also had no effect on the save delay. This type of behavior --- increase save time as the number of saves increases -- is still occurring with Rel42 ( the most current release I have up and running.)

The attached log indicates "Warning: Unable to access Microsoft .NET Framework performance counters." --- this is an intermittent warning that appears to log with certain routes, it does not appear in the log with all the routes or activities that I run...so I have to assume that my performance counters are okay. Is this problem something peculiar to my system or have others experienced this?
I am using ReShade.

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   perpetualKid 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 02 February 2020 - 11:22 PM

from the log file, seems your system is permanently hanging when accessing the log file, which I'd say is an issue with your harddrive. You may check the windows event log for further issues, and run chkdsk, sfc and dism to check your systems health.

#3 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 03 February 2020 - 03:36 PM

Ran chkdsk, all good. Copy of event viewer is in attached, along with an archived Report.wer file of the event. I have not run sfc or dism. How to proceed?

I ran an activity on the Horseshoe using MG Rel42...saved games - no problems, no performance counter warnings....log attached. Puzzling behavior, at least to me.

Attached File(s)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users