• You cannot reply to this topic

TSRE - Painting Straight Lines on TERRTEX [Ruler] Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 02 February 2020 - 02:36 PM

Hi Folks,

Everyone up to speed on this little trick ?

Need some straight lines on your TERRTEX - just use a ruler...

A ruler is an actual object included with TSRE and listed under "TSRE Tools" - it will show in TSRE but not in ORTS... You can measure distances but more importantly to me you can paint perfectly straight lines on your TERRTEX...

Since it doesn't show in ORTS - I don't know if there's a good reason to delete them when done...

It's not as intuitive as it could be - so I figure it's worth a mention...

So just [Place New] ruler at your start point - it appears as a single white post - now select any number of points you want to create the path or shape the polygon... Now for any subsequent points - just hold down the [T] key while clicking and it will create a path from the first post... Make any shape you want... Then just [Load] a texture - then select the [Texture] button and right click near the posts from your ruler - select [Auto Paint] from the menu then select [Nearest Object] - it will paint on the Terrtex along the shape of your path with whatever paintbrush settings you have selected... In my example below - after I "auto painted" a nice wide border of crops with dirt underneath (2 step process) - I filled in the crop texture to complete the field... To minimize file size if your field encompasses a whole tile you could just [Put] an entire tiles worth instead of painting it... Works great for parking lots too...

If you have many parallel lines which is typical in crop textures - you're going to need to add Mips when done to avoid Moire - just use a tool like "Remipit" (can process your entire Terrtex directory in one step) and it looks great...

My Terrtex is 1024x1024 ACES and they're about 3MB a piece for each one I paint...

Attached File  Image1.jpg (1.7MB)
Number of downloads: 13

Regards,
Scott

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users