#31 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 05 February 2020 - 03:33 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 05 February 2020 - 05:25 AM, said:

Coolhand,
which OR version are you using?

I'm on X1.3.1-35-g842e626d, which I believe is the very last version to support XP.

Thanks

#32 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 06 February 2020 - 01:31 AM

Hi Coolhand,
after having made a backup of Orts.Simulation.dll and Orts.Simulation.pdb, replace them in your OR version with the two files included in the attached .zip. That should allow you to run the AWS script, accordingly to the instructions in my post #24
Attached File  Simulation.zip (1.26MB)
Number of downloads: 403

#33 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 06 February 2020 - 05:52 AM

Well that little test posed a number of challenges.

Firstly I could not seem to get a MonoGame update. (Me still with New Year MG - well it is another New Year.)

Searched around could not find a download for Rev .52.1 or higher. Could not find a link in your post either.

Downloaded Rev .4 anyway.

Downloaded the class 150 model and cab.

Do not have Mid East Plus. Downloaded the freeware D5909 which is still aliased to the MSTS GP38 cab an no cabview available to download.

Now a look at the MEP_AWS_demo pack. Well clearly can not use the test activities, paths etc, so will have to make my own test for another route.

Glad I kept the original cab for now. Everything in the trainset folder looks ready to go and I can identify the script file and the important line to add to eng files Include ( "AWS_eng.inc").

In the sound folder the TCS_AWS_UK.sms could easily be edited to use the rather different sounds on older locomotives.

Thanks for providing the Bing and the Buzz.

A quick Explore Route on North West England confirms that my version of MG is too old. But the drive from Blackpool to Preston to Manchester will be nice with both semaphore and MAS.

So now copy and paste your two files from Simulation.zip into a duplicate copy of the latest unstable version of OR U2020.02.06-0551

OpenRails gives a fatal error notice on start up

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector2 ORTS.Common.WorldLocation.GetDistance2D

At this point I am going to stop and await assistance.

#34 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:26 AM

Hi Darwins,
Thank you for having tried and sorry for the inconveniences.
The AWS demo pack works only with OR MG NewYear Rev. 52.1 or higher. It does not work with OR Unstable neither with OR Testing.
OR NewYear MG (name not changed even if we are in 2020, for continuity of naming) Rev 52.2 (which is the latest one) can be downloaded from here http://www.interazio..._NewYear_MG.zip (more about that here http://www.elvastowe...post__p__255502 ). I have now added such download link in the post on how to install the AWS demo pack.
Updates to OR NewYear MG must not be obtained by clicking on the upper right link in the Menu window, but instead by downloading them from the link above.
The NWT150.eng file in the Openrails subfolder already points to the 2000_aws.cvf cabview file. As OR findes .eng files in the Openrails subfolder, it does not consider the original ones in the base folder NWT150.
If your D5909 aliases to the GP38 cab, you obviously won't see the sunflower, so I suggest you to use the AWS150.
The .zip file containing the simulation dll works only with the very old release that Coolhand is using. I have generated it to allow him to test AWS.

I hope this clarified some points. If problems persist, I'm ready to provide support.

#35 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:31 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 06 February 2020 - 01:31 AM, said:

Hi Coolhand,
after having made a backup of Orts.Simulation.dll and Orts.Simulation.pdb, replace them in your OR version with the two files included in the attached .zip. That should allow you to run the AWS script, accordingly to the instructions in my post #24
Attachment Simulation.zip

Thanks Carlo.
I will be testing this later today.

#36 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant

Posted 06 February 2020 - 07:19 AM

Thanks for the link Carlo.

First test on North West England gave positive results at first on semaphore signalling - with pings for distant signals and no response for home signals.

Then I got a hoot for a speed restriction and went into a colour light area. There were no pings either for 2 aspect colour light distant signals or for multi-aspect signals. All I got was hoots for permanent speed restrictions.
If I ignore the hoots then I do get a brake application. Also the sunflower is behaving correctly according to the sounds (but as with the sounds just as there is no ping then also the sunflower is not cancelled by the clear colour light signals.)

#37 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 06 February 2020 - 07:40 AM

Thanks darwin,
that's an interesting report.
Can I download somewhere the NWE route and can you attach here the path you tested?

EDIT: OK, I downloaded the route. So I need only the path.

#38 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:28 AM

I can confirm what I have tested so far with Darwin as below!

Test 1 was only in Colour light area with Speed Control and Alerter disabled, allowing only AWS for signals :-

1. No AWS leaving a terminus station - Correct.

2. Yellow and Red signals gave the AWS Alert sound, the sunflower showed the warning display - Correct.

3. AWS Warning and Sound cancelled by the reset button - Correct

4. AWS not cancelled, gave a TCS emergency brake after 3 seconds, with constant AWS alert sound - correct.

5. AWS cancelled after TCS brake, allowed cancellation of AWS Alert sound and reset of brakes - Correct.

6. AWS TCS and warning sound at green signal instead of AWS bing - Incorrect.

6a. At a green light, TCS will intervene in 3 seconds, if not cancelled by the Reset button

6b. Sunflower does show correct aspect for green signal( Black ).

Thanks

#39 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant

Posted 06 February 2020 - 09:06 AM

Hi Carlo
The path is attached. (Renamed as txt as I am not allowed to attach .pat files!)
I suspect the same would be true of any path starting from Blackpool North.
Thanks
Darwin

Attached File(s)

#40 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 06 February 2020 - 09:56 AM

OK, I have a first answer. This occurs in Explore Route mode. If you run in Activity mode, or in Explore in Activity mode, you get the pings at the light signals. I will now check why Explore Route does not work well.

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users