Elvas Tower: Trying to fix starting friction myself - Elvas Tower

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trying to fix starting friction myself Any advice is appreciated here Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   hugoakio 

• Hostler
  • PipPip
  • Group: Status: Fired
  • Simulator:Open rails

Posted 19 January 2021 - 07:33 PM

View PostNickonWheels, on 19 January 2021 - 02:08 AM, said:

Any ideas on the theme?

I´ve copied the two lines to any place where the Davis lines are already present and in force, but there is still no response.

NickonWheels i'm new on this topic but i'm having problems in a route that i'm developing. As an ex-railroad worker, with many hours in this route, I'm sure that the OR starting resistance are wrong. By now i setted the route grade using the real life railroad project, adjusted the ORTSMaxTractiveForceCurve to the manufacturer curve, setted the ORTS Davis coefficients for locomotives and cars. To start move a train i'm using 2 or 3 notchs more than the real life. How can I test your version?

#62 User is offline   NickonWheels 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 20 January 2021 - 06:49 AM

For rolling stock using static weights (so basiclly anything except steam locomotive tenders) you can use ORTSTandstillFriction and ORTSMergeSpeed (already in use in the official version or NewYear MG) to set the starting friction according to your preference. I can recommend a tool I made for this as well as the Davis lines, available here on ET at the utilities.

Now to include steam locomotive tenders a lot of other changes had to be done, but I can´t find any section where I made mistakes.

#63 User is offline   hugoakio 

• Hostler
  • PipPip
  • Group: Status: Fired
  • Simulator:Open rails

Posted 20 January 2021 - 08:20 AM

View PostNickonWheels, on 20 January 2021 - 06:49 AM, said:

For rolling stock using static weights (so basiclly anything except steam locomotive tenders) you can use ORTSTandstillFriction and ORTSMergeSpeed (already in use in the official version or NewYear MG) to set the starting friction according to your preference. I can recommend a tool I made for this as well as the Davis lines, available here on ET at the utilities.

Now to include steam locomotive tenders a lot of other changes had to be done, but I can´t find any section where I made mistakes.

Fantastic! It realy makes my train behaves like real now. How can I adjust the values for ORTSTandstillFriction? there are any excel chart or a formula to calculate?

#64 User is offline   NickonWheels 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 20 January 2021 - 09:49 AM

No, but that is the good part of it. You can enter whatever value you think works fine; newton or pound-force just like Davis A.

For example
ORTSDavis_A ( 2468.762988 )
ORTSDavis_B ( 22.740469 )
ORTSDavis_C ( 1.509354 )
ORTSStandstillFriction ( 3497.425 )
ORTSMergeSpeed ( 0.299151 )

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users