Track Viewer - Loss of Anti-Alias ? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 02 January 2020 - 08:27 AM

Hi Folks,

Latest version of Monogame...

Anyone else having an issue with Track Viewer ? It seems I've lost all ability to enable Anti-Alias making the track very clunky and difficult to work with - the option is selected and I did the requisite restart (many times) - I also tried this on two different machines - no joy...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

#2 User is offline   perpetualKid 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:23 PM

View Postscottb613, on 02 January 2020 - 08:27 AM, said:

Hi Folks,

Latest version of Monogame...

Anyone else having an issue with Track Viewer ? It seems I've lost all ability to enable Anti-Alias making the track very clunky and difficult to work with - the option is selected and I did the requisite restart (many times) - I also tried this on two different machines - no joy...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

I'd assume this happens in 64bit version of TV only, not in 32bit (just in case you have an option to verify, else nm), and has nothing to do with AA. Does it look similarly clunky in DispatcherView?
For reference you may want to test my ultimate version which has a bunch of relevant changes in TrackViewer recently (still need to fix DispatcherView).

#3 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 03 January 2020 - 01:14 PM

Track Viewer works in the MG versions now? Up to this point I thought only vanilla OR's Track Viewer worked

#4 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President

Posted 03 January 2020 - 02:37 PM

View PostperpetualKid, on 03 January 2020 - 12:23 PM, said:

I'd assume this happens in 64bit version of TV only, not in 32bit (just in case you have an option to verify, else nm), and has nothing to do with AA. Does it look similarly clunky in DispatcherView?
For reference you may want to test my ultimate version which has a bunch of relevant changes in TrackViewer recently (still need to fix DispatcherView).

View Postebnertra000, on 03 January 2020 - 01:14 PM, said:

Track Viewer works in the MG versions now? Up to this point I thought only vanilla OR's Track Viewer worked

Hi Folks,

I’ll give that a shot and take a look at which version of TV I’m using - I just selected it via the interface - I did t realize we had 32 and 64 bit versions of TV...

As far as TV and Monogame - we isolated the real issue as ReShade - so the fix was to point ReShade at RunActivity vs the root ORTS executable - so ReShade doesn’t launch until you launch an actual activity leaving TV alone... I’ve been using it that way for a while and it seems to work well...

Appreciate the help...

Regards,
Scott

#5 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President

Posted 04 January 2020 - 06:49 AM

Hi Folks,

I haven't tried Kid's dispatch viewer yet - but here is what I see - again - identical on two different machines - pretty much renders it unusable in my book...

Attached File  image1.jpg (340.67K)
Number of downloads: 7

Regards,
Scott

#6 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 04 January 2020 - 08:54 AM

I've noticed in recent MG version that the red path lines in the Dispatch Viewer were becoming increasingly jagged...if I remember correctly they used to render fairly smooth.

#7 User is offline   perpetualKid 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 04 January 2020 - 10:29 PM

View Postscottb613, on 04 January 2020 - 06:49 AM, said:

View PostR H Steele, on 04 January 2020 - 08:54 AM, said:

I've noticed in recent MG version that the red path lines in the Dispatch Viewer were becoming increasingly jagged...if I remember correctly they used to render fairly smooth.

both effects are results of the migration to 64bit with Monogame versions. There are some calculations in code which compile fine but give different results at runtime, hence are difficult to identify upfront, and everything will just run (and look) fine in 32bit mode.
So when the code is upgraded to 64bit (which is required so that larger routes can use all available system memory above 4GB), there seem to be a couple side effects which need to be resolved over time.
Unfortunately there is no easy user-configurable option to force 32bit mode, the current way the app will always run in 64bit mode on a 64bit OS (which almost any PC is these days, except some ancient samples).
If you are developer, you could chose to force the code to compile in 32bit mode (or use corflags /32bit+ <application.exe> on a prebuild package). Carlo's version also has some configuration to force back to 32bit mode, but I'm not sure this covers TV as well. Alternatively, as mentioned you may test the Ultimate version where TV is already correctly, but DispatcherView still has the same issue, and there may be other occurances not yet identified.

#8 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 06 January 2020 - 01:49 AM

I noticed only today this thread.
OR NewYear MG doesn't allow to force back TV at 32 bit as of now, however I did it manually using corflags and the TV display worked correctly. As I'm not aware of 4 GB memory limit problems using TV (there might be some only using the Terrain features, that I don't think are widely used), I think I'll force build TV at 32 bit for next OR NewYear MG releases, independently from the 32 bit option flag in the OR menu.
In the meantime, if you want, you may replace within OR_NewYear_MG rev. 48 Contrib.TrackViewer.exe and Contrib.TrackViewer.pdb with the 32-bit attached ones.

No more needed, see subsequent posts

If it is preferred, I could make available the 32 bit and the 64 bit TV versions in parallel, and selection would occur depending from the 32 bit option flag.
In parallel, I'll try to import perpetualKid's changes to coordinates management and to apply them to the TV.

#9 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President

Posted 06 January 2020 - 04:59 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 06 January 2020 - 01:49 AM, said:

I noticed only today this thread.
OR NewYear MG doesn't allow to force back TV at 32 bit as of now, however I did it manually using corflags and the TV display worked correctly. As I'm not aware of 4 GB memory limit problems using TV (there might be some only using the Terrain features, that I don't think are widely used), I think I'll force build TV at 32 bit for next OR NewYear MG releases, independently from the 32 bit option flag in the OR menu.
In the meantime, if you want, you may replace within OR_NewYear_MG rev. 48 Contrib.TrackViewer.exe and Contrib.TrackViewer.pdb with the 32-bit attached ones.

Attachment TV32.zip

If it is preferred, I could make available the 32 bit and the 64 bit TV versions in parallel, and selection would occur depending from the 32 bit option flag.
In parallel, I'll try to import perpetualKid's changes to coordinates management and to apply them to the TV.

Hi Carlo,

Thanks so - I'll give this a try as well when I get some time in front of my PC...

I like option two - to following the 32 bit flag option - hopefully when the 64 bit vibrations are ironed out - we can get Track Viewer there as well - in the meantime - might as well use 32 bit across the board...

Regards,
Scott

#10 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 06 January 2020 - 08:10 AM

It went faster than I thought. I was able to port to OR NewYear MG the improvements to the TrackViewer made by perpetualKid in his Ultimate version, and so now OR NewYear MG 48.1 is out, featuring a 64-bit Trackviewer without zig-zag track layout displays. Thanks as usual to perpetualKid for his pioneering work!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users