• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Changes with timetable functions? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Hannes44 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 30 December 2019 - 06:27 AM

Has anything been changed with timetable functions esp. "$pickup" lately (within December)? Reason for asking is, I've had a loco going around a static consist, coupling to it and then pulling it off to the next station successfully performing for about 2 months. Now after 4 weeks of different focus on my route I run that timetable-train again, and the loco doesn't reverse anymore, doesn't pickup the static consist, but goes off all alone to the next station. Nothing has been changed in this particular part of my route, neither the timetable.

#2 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 31 December 2019 - 03:07 AM

The last change for timetable mode was 12 October, which was the inclusion of turntables. No changes have been made to the pickup logic for some time.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#3 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 31 December 2019 - 05:33 AM

I have had a similar occurence in my own timetable, and I call it a "stuck" train. Stuck trains have tested successfully, but subsequently, suddenly do not operate correctly. Or static consists are no longer placed. It is as if during timetable processing some information is lost. Stuck train can be blameless, and the fault is actually in an unrelated part of the timetable. Some suggestions.
1)Check the stuck train. Look for a large number of sub - paths. Each reversal or wait makes an extra sub path. Often the timetable processing can not follow through several sub paths. Solution split the train into 2 $form the second in the dispose row. The sub path counter is found in the shift F5 dispatcher HUD in the path section to the left of the =
like this for train 29 of my own timetable [1]6={29](29)} Here we have 6 sub paths, and although it isn`t stuck (just inactive) it is at risk of becoming stuck. best to split it.
2) Check other trains for the same
3) use the runround command with $forms in the dispose row
4) In the shift F5 dispatcher HUD look for conflicts in the paths of other trains. A clue will be if they are marked "d" - delayed
5) Don`t have more than 1 attach/ detach / pickup in each timetable column eg by performing them in stations. Better If possible to put these in the dispose
I hope this is helpful. If you need more, please include a screen shot of the dispatcher HUD
Rick
If Rob is still around what is the first entry in square brackets in paths? like this [7] number of nodes? thx

#4 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 31 December 2019 - 06:27 AM

The figure [7] in your example is the number of station stops at which the train is due to call, including the present stop if the train is in a station.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users