#21 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 27 December 2019 - 01:38 PM

View Postengmod, on 27 December 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

1 and 2 done.

I can't see where 8621 is a problem?
Thanks for that.

Interesting that 8621 appears to be the same in both log files, what type of log do you get if you just start the consist for 8621 in Explorer mode?

Also the activity resume seems to work, so it must be dependent upon where the activity is up to?

Thanks

#22 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 29 December 2019 - 12:59 PM

The crash is indeed a loader thread hang, which might be well caused by a too lengthy loading process causing the WD to intervene; it is quite unlikely that this is caused by a specific engine.
Derek, you could try to use the OR NewYear MG, which has a watchdog disable option, and see what occurs.

#23 User is online   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 29 December 2019 - 01:41 PM

Hi Carlos,

The hang occurs during running as well, so I wonder how we trap the problem?

#24 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 30 December 2019 - 03:28 AM

Yes, the loader of course works also during the run, to load/unload tiles, trainsets, shapes etc. It is difficult to understand what caused the hang, because the log tells us only the process that hung, but not where it hung. Lines before the process hang message could have been printed out just before the hang, but also many minutes before, so they often don't provide reliable info.
It would be advisable that info about the place where the process hung could be available, but I don't know if it is possible, because the message is printed out by another process.
Coming to your case, I suppose that your computer is not last generation. If you don't want to use an OR version that allows watchdog disabling, you could start reducing the viewing distance from 5000 to 3000 for that particular activity.

By the way I am running with disabled watchdog since at least one year, and I never experienced game hangs. This confirms me in my idea that the OR watchdog is more a problem than a problem solver. This is the reason why I have made it optional.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users