Elvas Tower: non-existent train in timetable-set - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

non-existent train in timetable-set player train is blocked by non-existent train Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Gro.Bi 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:13 AM

In a self-made timetable-set the player train can not proceed its run because it is blocked by other train (train #15 according the attached screenshot). But the other train is not shown in the F5 list nor I can't find it in the dispatch window.
I tried to identify train #15 in the timetable-set by counting the train columns in the timetable_or files, beginning in the first file specified in the timetable-list. The train I identified has already termintated its run when the player train is blocked and also it has no #dispose command, so that it should no more exist when it has terminated its own run.
What could be a solution to find out what is happening? In the OpenRailsLog I find the line Warning: Train 4403:GR6-1992-165 (15) passing signal 4 at 43240,7 at danger at 27,50. It is the train that I identified, but how to understand it?

Regards,
Gro.Bi

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Open Rails 2019-12-14 10-12-05.jpg

#2 User is online   rickloader 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 16 December 2019 - 03:08 AM

hI Gro.bi! I think you need to look at why train 15 passed the signal. Sometimes out of control trains are removed from the sim ; but maybe the reserved path remains. I think you need to look at the train 15 path, any reversing or wait points as passing a signal obviously means something is wrong.
Run train 15 as player train, and also watch from an observer train or use alt F9. On the experimental dispatch viewer that Chris Jakeman has made there is a tick box to show the signal state, and this might help
I see that train 46 is also potentially in conflict with train 15.
Also trains 233 and 133 are in deadlock seen by the # ,so this needs to be fixed
It could be that a fix to these other trains will "cure" train 15 .
Hope this helps, Rick

#3 User is offline   Gro.Bi 

• Fireman

Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:42 AM

Hi Rick,

thanks for your answer. I'll have a look at it later, as I unfortunately have no more time today.

Regards,
Gro.Bi

#4 User is offline   Gro.Bi 

• Fireman

Posted 21 December 2019 - 11:27 AM

Hi Rick,

it is was complicated to find out what is happening, therefore it has taken more time.
I drove train 15 in the simulation and watched it in the experimental dispatch viewer. I terminated its run without any anormalities (except a delay of 6 minutes).
But afterwards when it has terminated its run, I had a look to the F5 list. There I found a new situation about a train that is no more in the simuation.

In the log-file I found lines that I consider relevant:
Warning: Train 4402:GR6-1992-165 (42) passing signal 3 at 37223,2 at danger at 27,28
Information: Train 4402:GR6-1992-165 (42) is removed for out of control, reason : SPAD

I have checked that trains 133 and 233 are not involved in that situations, as those run on separate tracks. The # maybe is only a hint, because trains follow each other in a 10-minutes interval or even less.
When driving train 46 as player train, the situation is nearly the same as in the initial screenshot, e.g. there is a conflict with train 15 as well.

Regards,
Gro.Bi

#5 User is offline   Gro.Bi 

• Fireman

Posted 26 December 2019 - 01:30 PM

Hi Rick,

I now created a test timetable with only few trains and drove a train in opposite direction to the questionable train (according to initially mentioned train #15, but now it is train #1 in the test timetable).
In the OpenRailsLog I found this line: Warning: Train 4403:GR6-1992-test (1) passing signal 4 at 43296,2 at danger at 27,50
The number 27,50 seems to be the milepost where the situations occurs. The number 43296,2 means 04:48:00.

I placed an observer near to that location to see what is happening. There were no noticeable problems when train #1 came to that location. (See screenshots: train #1 passing the western entry signal of the station, seen in the simulation and in the experimental dispatch-viewer). On the screenshot 'Buchenhorst' is shown the layout of that station and marked yellow the position of train #1 on the screenshots.
It came to my attention that the southern platform of that station is interrupted by a switch, and therefore it is existing twice. Please see screenshot 'Buchenhorst', platform 'Buh 2'.
But after changing the train's paths in the track viewer to the other platform and repeating the situation in the simulation the same is happening (except train #1 stops on platform 'Buh 1').

I don't know any further measures to find the reason. May be the signal is not configured correctly. How to understand the signal state in the experimental dispatch-viewer?

Regards,
Gro.Bi

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Open Rails 2019-12-26 09-05-28.jpg
  • Attached Image: dispatch-viewer-1.JPG
  • Attached Image: Open Rails 2019-12-26 09-05-31.jpg
  • Attached Image: dispatch-viewer-2.JPG
  • Attached Image: Buchenhorst.JPG

#6 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 27 December 2019 - 04:25 AM

Gro.Bi, on 26 December 2019 - 01:30 PM, said:

In the OpenRailsLog I found this line: Warning: Train 4403:GR6-1992-test (1) passing signal 4 at 43296,2 at danger at 27,50
The number 27,50 seems to be the milepost where the situations occurs. The number 43296,2 means 04:48:00.

Nope - 43296,2 is the distance travelled (in m), 27,50 is the speed of the train as it passed the signal (in m/s).
The latter is the real strange point here - I know it does happen occasionally that a train 'slips' through a signal, especially when the signal is close to a platform stop location. But in those situations, the train is always running very slow. In this case, however, the train was still at much higher speed, also there is no platform near the signal.
It might well be that the signal dropped back to danger just as the train was approaching.
There is a test-dump facility in the program which can dump all details of the AI control for a particular train. However, you need to be able to compile the program to activate that facility, it is configured as a debug flag.
If you can compile, send me a PM and I'll explain how it works.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#7 User is offline   Gro.Bi 

• Fireman

Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:39 AM

Hi Rob,

roeter, on 27 December 2019 - 04:25 AM, said:

Nope - 43296,2 is the distance travelled (in m), 27,50 is the speed of the train as it passed the signal (in m/s).

thanks for the information. The speed is converted 99 kilometer per hour and at the location derived from the travelled distance applies a speed limit of 100 kilometer per hour.
I will observe the train when it is passing that location and see what is happening.
The possibility to use a test-program might be helpful, but I have to decline it as I unfortunately don't have any knowledge of compiling.

Regards,
Gro.Bi

#8 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 27 December 2019 - 10:27 AM

Gro.Bi, on 27 December 2019 - 07:39 AM, said:

The possibility to use a test-program might be helpful, but I have to decline it as I unfortunately don't have any knowledge of compiling.

I'll compile it for you so that you have it along with the Experimental Dispatch Window. Then you can send Rob a PM and find out how to interpret the output.

#9 User is offline   Gro.Bi 

• Fireman

Posted 28 December 2019 - 02:25 AM

Hi Chris,

cjakeman, on 27 December 2019 - 10:27 AM, said:

I'll compile it for you so that you have it along with the Experimental Dispatch Window.

thanks for the offer. What have I to do to accept it?

Regards,
Gro.Bi

#10 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 29 December 2019 - 09:22 AM

Gro.Bi, on 28 December 2019 - 02:25 AM, said:

thanks for the offer. What have I to do to accept it?

I have uploaded it here. I have disabled my debug which saved data into C:\_tmp\ and enabled Rob's which gets saved into C:\temp\

Specifically, I have enabled:
  • DEBUG_REPORTS
  • DEBUG_CHECKTRAIN
  • DEBUG_TRACEINFO
  • DEBUG_TTANALYSIS
though not
  • DEBUG_DEADLOCK which called to a missing method
  • DEBUG_EXTRAINFO

This will create 4 files in C:\TEMP as
Attached Image: 2019-12-29 17_19_27-C__temp.jpg

If there's a problem, just send me a PM.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users