Elvas Tower: ORTS USRA Single/Double Sided Boxcar Undecorated Paint Kit - Elvas Tower

No uploading is allowed here by anyone. That includes screenshots or other images. Any screenshot or image desired in any post must be hotlinked from an image hosting site(Photobucket, etc,) or existing topic in the main discussion forums.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ORTS USRA Single/Double Sided Boxcar Undecorated Paint Kit Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:52 AM

http://www.elvastowe...eenshot&id=2825
File Name: ORTS USRA Single/Double Sided Boxcar Undecorated Paint Kit
File Submitter: scottb613
File Submitted: 03 Dec 2019
File Category: Box Cars Std Gauge

ORTS USRA Single/Double Sided Boxcar Undecorated Paint Kit

=== DISCLAIMER ===

WARNING - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK - WARNING

While I've done my absolute best to make sure everything works properly - I make no guarantees, warranties, or promises - this software is provided - as is - for use at your own risk.

WARNING - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK - WARNING

=== SIMULATOR ===

The model is setup for Open Rails only - the current WAG files will not work in MSTS.

Open Rails (the free open source train simulator)
http://www.openrails.org/

=== LICENSE ===

FREEWARE: The user is hereby permitted to - use - modify - and - upload - the contents of this file - for non-commercial purposes only. Use your head and just please keep it FREE folks - as I've put a great deal of time into this work. Please include my original README with any subsequent uploads of the model or any of the parts contained within.

=== INTRO ===

This pack contains working models of both Single Sided and Double Sided USRA boxcars (with and without Fishbelly Frame) but is intended for custom painting by the end user in roads of their choosing. While similar to Larry Goss's legendary models - I've gone a step further and included layered paint kits in both Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop formats. These paint kits also demonstrate how I've learned to paint cars in a fairly realistic manner.

=== MODEL NOTES ===

The model is setup for ORTS only - the current ENG/WAG files will not work in MSTS.

The model was created with 3D Canvas/Crafter Pro with a heavy reliance on the "Trainworks" plug-in tools created by Paul Gausden (Decapod).

Model textures were created with "Paint Shop Pro" and are all optimized for Open Rails.

This model was designed for performance first and foremost - it has (4) LOD's and (8) Draw Calls - it's about as efficient as can be made for ORST. The LOD transitions from the first to last are seamless.

=== PAINT KIT NOTES ===

While I did include paint kits - I'm not going to describe step by step - how to paint a car. There are plenty of tutorials out there if you're just starting out or feel free to post forum help requests on a part you might get stuck on. The paint kits are intended more for someone who has a little experience with painting and might want to learn some new skills while painting these models.

PK-Side-Template (not used on model) - is setup to demonstrate my weathering techniques - it's all about layer types. It's also convenient for placing your logo and car nomenclature - as the texture is in proportion of the car - whereas the one used on the model is stretched. You can copy and paste the contents of this file into the appropriate area on the car texture (I did provide a template for that).

PK-Prime (used on model) - is the primary car body texture.

PK-AlphaPrime (used on model) - is the "alpha" car parts used on the car body texture.

PK-AlphaTrucks (used on model) - is the "alpha" truck/bogie parts texture.

You can toggle the "Fishbelly" and "Single/Double Sided" textures on/off in the paint kit.

=== INSTALLATION ===

Simply copy the folders "SCO_USRA" and "SCO_USRA_Fishbelly" into your "Trainset" directory - build a consist - launch ORTS and enjoy.

Example of proper install path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\Trains\Trainset

=== CREDITS/CONTRIBUTIONS ===

First off - I'd like to thank all the pioneers in MSTS who figured out how all this stuff works. I've had a great deal of help from many people while working on this model and many more have provided inspiration.

Wayne Campbell - graciously supplied the fantastic wheel textures used on my model AND created Open Rails - I don't think there's any single person who's done more for this community.

ORTS Development Team - who - without their herculean efforts - none of this would be possible and I would have lost interest in Train Sims long ago... I can't thank you guys enough !

Paul Gausden - (3DC "Trainworks" Tools - Shape Viewer - Shape Fixer - Modeling Advice) What can I say - Paul's done it all. From Shape Viewer and all the fantastic tools he created for 3DC making locomotive/rolling stock development possible for me - answering all my questions with great patience - and - providing the tutorial that helped me figure out how this all works.

Elvas Tower and the Steam4Me sites are two invaluable resources that greatly helped in the development of this model.

One and all - greatly appreciated folks.

=== CONCLUSION ===

If I have forgotten anyone - I humbly apologize but know that I appreciate all the advice and inspiration I've received. I also must mention that the vast amount of information available on the forums regarding modelling for MSTS has been invaluable. The success I've had in making these models would not have been possible without drawing on the experience of so many others that have blazed the trail before!

Thank you all and hope you enjoy this model.

Regards,
Scott Brunner

Click here to download this file

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users