Elvas Tower: V -X1-3-1-103-g5512192f, Train not moving - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

V -X1-3-1-103-g5512192f, Train not moving Some trains do not move in this version Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   c.gravert 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:43 AM

Some Trains (locos) of ProTrain payware do not move. All these trains should work with "Combined Control". It happens on all routes. It works fine in V 1-3-1-4328, but in that version "$triggers" does not. I'll attach Log files and example .eng files.

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 09 December 2019 - 01:24 AM

View Postc.gravert, on 30 November 2019 - 06:43 AM, said:

Some Trains (locos) of ProTrain payware do not move. All these trains should work with "Combined Control". It happens on all routes. It works fine in V 1-3-1-4328,

Can you run a test using the latest unstable OR version to confirm whether the same problem is occurring?

Thanks

#3 User is offline   c.gravert 

• Apprentice

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:56 PM

I tried with Version U2019.12.10-1721 2019-12-10 17-28-14
There is no change (train doesn't take up speed), but I got some funny graphic effects.

#4 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 10 December 2019 - 08:31 PM

View Postc.gravert, on 10 December 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

I tried with Version U2019.12.10-1721 2019-12-10 17-28-14
There is no change (train doesn't take up speed), but I got some funny graphic effects.

Ok, can you please provide the CON file, and all the relevant ENG and WAG files for a consist that is exhibiting the behavior that you are seeing?

Thanks

#5 User is offline   c.gravert 

• Apprentice

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:11 PM

Sure.

I zipped and attached .con, .eng and .wag files.
As you will see, there is another loco (BR 648) attached. Currently it seems all railcars of the ProTrain distribution behave similarly.
Besides I found out that V X1.3.1-71-gad883ddd still works fine. That maybe narrows down where this strange behavior first occurred.
If I could do anything more to solve this issue, I'd be glad to help.

Attached File(s)

#6 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 12 December 2019 - 12:17 AM

The original MSTS Flying Scotsman doesn't move either in U2019.12.10-1721. Brakes don't release.

#7 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 12 December 2019 - 12:43 AM

View Postc.gravert, on 11 December 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

I zipped and attached .con, .eng and .wag files.

A preliminary investigation appears to suggest that the ENG files are missing some core parameters.

These are:

DieselEngineIdleRPM ( 300 ) 
	DieselEngineMaxRPM  ( 800 )
	DieselEngineMaxRPMChangeRate( 40 )

To confirm this you can add them, with appropriate values to a couple of the Protrain ENG files, and I then think that the consist will then move. Can you please confirm this for me?

I suspect that both MSTS, and earlier OR versions, are assigning some arbitrary values to these missing parameters, hence why the train would move without these values being present.

I want to look at this a bit further, and see if these arbitrary values can be used in the latest version of OR.

#8 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 12 December 2019 - 12:57 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 12 December 2019 - 12:17 AM, said:

The original MSTS Flying Scotsman doesn't move either in U2019.12.10-1721. Brakes don't release.

The vacuum braking functionality has been improved so that it more closely matches prototypical operation. This means that a combination of the large and small ejectors may need to be operated to release the vacuum brakes.

It is appreciated that some people do not wish to adopt this level of realism, so an option has been included to allow users to use simple "brake controls" only without having to bother with operating the small and large ejectors.

To use this "simpler" method of operation, the option tick box (Simple Control and Physics) on the Simulation TAB needs to be ticked. This will then allow the Scotsman to apply and release the brakes from the brake keys only.

#9 User is offline   c.gravert 

• Apprentice

Posted 12 December 2019 - 02:35 AM

View Poststeamer_ctn, on 12 December 2019 - 12:43 AM, said:

A preliminary investigation appears to suggest that the ENG files are missing some core parameters.

These are:

DieselEngineIdleRPM ( 300 ) 
	DieselEngineMaxRPM  ( 800 )
	DieselEngineMaxRPMChangeRate( 40 )

To confirm this you can add them, with appropriate values to a couple of the Protrain ENG files, and I then think that the consist will then move. Can you please confirm this for me?

I suspect that both MSTS, and earlier OR versions, are assigning some arbitrary values to these missing parameters, hence why the train would move without these values being present.

I want to look at this a bit further, and see if these arbitrary values can be used in the latest version of OR.

Great. That does the trick. These parameters are missing in all ProTrain railcars.
Thanks for the help.

Cheers
Carsten

#10 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 12 December 2019 - 02:58 AM

View Poststeamer_ctn, on 12 December 2019 - 12:57 AM, said:

The vacuum braking functionality has been improved so that it more closely matches prototypical operation. This means that a combination of the large and small ejectors may need to be operated to release the vacuum brakes.

It is appreciated that some people do not wish to adopt this level of realism, so an option has been included to allow users to use simple "brake controls" only without having to bother with operating the small and large ejectors.

To use this "simpler" method of operation, the option tick box (Simple Control and Physics) on the Simulation TAB needs to be ticked. This will then allow the Scotsman to apply and release the brakes from the brake keys only.

Thanks Peter. IMHO as default that option box should be ticked.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users