• You cannot reply to this topic

A couple of bugs Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Borislav 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:43 AM

Hello!

I've noticed a couple of bugs in the latest unstable version of ORTS Monogame (U2019.10.26-0321), and one bug in the latest stable version of ORTS Monogame (1.3.1.4328).

Both the latest stable and the latest unstable version have the following bug. On the computer screen of a diesel-electric locomotive, the digital accelerometer indicator (ACCELEROMETER DIGITAL in the .cvf file) shows values above/beyond those set in the .cvf file. For instance, the digital accelerometer indicator in my ES44v3 cab is set to show acceleration (both positive and negative) up to 99 mph/min. However, the shown values go far above that (screenshot 1). This is not a bug of major concern, of course, but I thought I'd let you know.

The latest unstable version (U2019.10.26-0321) has the following bug as well. The Tractive Effort bar (TRACTION_BRAKING GAUGE in the .cvf file) on the computer screen of a diesel-electric locomotive, as well as the digital indicator (TRACTION_BRAKING DIGITAL in the .cvf file) of tractive effort, do not appear during dynamic braking, i.e. when they are supposed to show negative values (Screenshot 2). Both appear to work correctly in the stable version of ORTS Monogame. I hope this is of some help to you, guys.

Screenshot 1:

Attached File  01.jpg (613.27K)
Number of downloads: 14

Screenshot 2:

Attached File  2.jpg (1.04MB)
Number of downloads: 15

#2 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:24 PM

Can you provide the CVF file, and possibly a link to where the locomotive and associated files can be downloaded from?

#3 User is offline   Borislav 

• Hostler

Posted 17 November 2019 - 04:05 AM

The cab in question is part of my "GE Evolution Series 2D Photorealistic Cab for Open Rails Train Simulator." I tested it on several different models of diesel-electric locomotives that belong to SLI/Trainsimulator models, and they all show the same bug.

I cooperated with Mr Carlo Santucci back in 2017 on fixing the issue with the tractive effort bar and digital display of the tractive effort value. We had that fixed in the normal version of ORTS. It is still present in the Monogame version, as I see now.

I am attaching one of my .cvf files that you can use to test it out.

If you need anything else, please let me know, as I am more than eager to help you guys out.

Sincerely,

Borislav

EDIT: It appears I am not allowed to upload the .cvf file here. You can download it from this link: https://ufile.io/94bpa4qz

#4 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 17 November 2019 - 01:25 PM

I have had a quick look at it, and

ACCELEROMETER - I think that the incorrect Units have been used in the definition. MILES/HOUR/HOUR has been used where in fact I think MILES_HOUR_HOUR should be used. Try changing these and see if this corrects the issue.

TRACTION_BRAKING - this in fact was a small bug that has now hopefully been fixed in the latest unstable version (18/11/2019).

#5 User is offline   Borislav 

• Hostler

Posted 17 November 2019 - 03:01 PM

View Poststeamer_ctn, on 17 November 2019 - 01:25 PM, said:

I have had a quick look at it, and

ACCELEROMETER - I think that the incorrect Units have been used in the definition. MILES/HOUR/HOUR has been used where in fact I think MILES_HOUR_HOUR should be used. Try changing these and see if this corrects the issue.

TRACTION_BRAKING - this in fact was a small bug that has now hopefully been fixed in the latest unstable version (18/11/2019).

Digital Accelerometer shows this definition by default: MILES/HOUR/MIN (and not MILES/HOUR/HOUR). When I change it into MILES_HOUR_MIN, the value still goes above 99. When I change it into MILES_HOUR_HOUR, I get completely crazy readings :)

I still see no changes in the Traction Braking (the negative values are still not shown), but right now I can only update to version U2019.11.17-2121.

#6 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 17 November 2019 - 03:31 PM

View PostBorislav, on 17 November 2019 - 03:01 PM, said:

Digital Accelerometer shows this definition by default: MILES/HOUR/MIN (and not MILES/HOUR/HOUR). When I change it into MILES_HOUR_MIN, the value still goes above 99. When I change it into MILES_HOUR_HOUR, I get completely crazy readings
At this time I cannot see any references to the // format in the OR code, only the _ _ format.

View PostBorislav, on 17 November 2019 - 03:01 PM, said:

I still see no changes in the Traction Braking (the negative values are still not shown), but right now I can only update to version U2019.11.17-2121.

When later code version comes through, give it a go.

If either of the above are not working in the new code then you will need to give me access to the full model to look at.

Thanks

#7 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 19 November 2019 - 01:34 AM

With the latest Unstable version the dyn brake force is back in TRACTION_BRAKING, however it is shown with a negative value instead of a positive one as it should be.

Re the boundaries of the acceleration value, I wonder if OR checks the ScaleRange for DIGITAL displays.

#8 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:17 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 19 November 2019 - 01:34 AM, said:

With the latest Unstable version the dyn brake force is back in TRACTION_BRAKING, however it is shown with a negative value instead of a positive one as it should be.
I added a -ve sign as I thought that it had to be negative, but I will remove it within the next day.

View PostCsantucci, on 19 November 2019 - 01:34 AM, said:

Re the boundaries of the acceleration value, I wonder if OR checks the ScaleRange for DIGITAL displays.

This issue does not appear to be related to the changes made for Dynamic Brake force, but would need to be debugged further to see if there is an indirect change that could be causing the problem.

If I have interpreted the code correctly it requires Units in the format of _ _, rather then / /. If the units are not read correctly then this could cause some problems as different units use different multipliers to calculate the display value. In regards to the ScaleRange, I could not comment on that without trying to understand the way that it has been coded.

To go any further, it probably requires the model to be set up in a development environment and debugged.

#9 User is offline   Borislav 

• Hostler

Posted 19 November 2019 - 03:32 AM

I've just tried the latest unstable version (U2019.11.17-2321) and the TRACTION_BRAKING GAUGE and the digital readout are still not showing anything while in Dynamic Braking.

#10 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 19 November 2019 - 05:52 AM

Peter, I have allowed myself to go on about the accelerometer problem, which is a pure display problem. I have created a PR for it, which is present in official unstable release U2019.11.19-1351.

Borislav, once Peter will have set the positive sign to the dynamic brake force in TRACTION_BRAKING, you should be able to see it displayed in the digital displays.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users