Elvas Tower: 3d cabs - digital displays not showing in reverse cab - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3d cabs - digital displays not showing in reverse cab Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Openrails

Posted 31 October 2019 - 08:05 AM

In a 3d cabview, there is often the need for a rear cab, on a double ended locomotive. While digital displays work in the front cab OK, in the rear cab, the identical display does not seem to display. What is happening is that the display is there but it faces the wrong way. That is, it is visible from behind the panel instead of in front.

The digital display is generated at the pivot point of the object, and no matter which way the pivot is oriented, the display always shows in the same direction, that is, the direction that would be visible from a front cab.

In addition to this, the digital displays are somehow affected in the latest unstable and experimental versions of OR. It seems at first that they are not displaying, but in fact they do show up if there is no other part of the cab behind them. That is, if the cab only consisted of one digital display, it would work. If any other part is behind the display, then it disappears, as if the other part was in front of the digital display.

Confusing...

Geoff

#2 User is offline   elkwharton 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:OPEN RAILS

Posted 31 October 2019 - 03:08 PM

View Postmrmosky, on 31 October 2019 - 08:05 AM, said:

In a 3d cabview, there is often the need for a rear cab, on a double ended locomotive. While digital displays work in the front cab OK, in the rear cab, the identical display does not seem to display. What is happening is that the display is there but it faces the wrong way. That is, it is visible from behind the panel instead of in front.

The digital display is generated at the pivot point of the object, and no matter which way the pivot is oriented, the display always shows in the same direction, that is, the direction that would be visible from a front cab.

In addition to this, the digital displays are somehow affected in the latest unstable and experimental versions of OR. It seems at first that they are not displaying, but in fact they do show up if there is no other part of the cab behind them. That is, if the cab only consisted of one digital display, it would work. If any other part is behind the display, then it disappears, as if the other part was in front of the digital display.

Confusing...

Geoff

Hi Geoff and all others at this forum,

Geoff and I have been working together via email on this problem as he offered to see if he could help me with it. Since he posted this email I have been finishing some other details on my rear facing cab and discovered that the gauge of Type (solid ) has the same problem. It works and looks great in the front cab but in the rear cab the display faces to the rear the same as the digital displays do and nothing you do to try to rotate or flip or anything else we have tried works to make it face the other way. Hopefully someone can look into these controls as I plan on doing a couple of dual cab 3dcabviews.

Thanks a lot,
Jeff Wharton

#3 User is offline   Hamza97 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 31 October 2019 - 08:19 PM

Digital display works fine in my dual cab 3d cab..... Maybe an issue with "Apply Rotation & Scale" ... ?? :sweatingbullets:

#4 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:Openrails

Posted 01 November 2019 - 05:14 AM

View PostHamza97, on 31 October 2019 - 08:19 PM, said:

Digital display works fine in my dual cab 3d cab..... Maybe an issue with "Apply Rotation & Scale" ... ?? :sweatingbullets:

Ah, that is interesting. I know you use Blender for modelling, so I wonder whether there is something in there that is different to TSM.

The bit in the instructions about setting the object to global coordinates may be important, and that is not an option in TSM as far as I know.

Geoff

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users