• You cannot reply to this topic

High Res ORTS Logo ? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:57 AM

Hi Folks,

Do you guys have a high resolution version of your ORTS logo stashed somewhere that we can brand our uploads with ?

Thanks...

Like the following but isolated from the white background - without all the distortion ?

Attached Image: New Bitmap Image.jpg

Regards,
Scott

#2 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 30 October 2019 - 09:30 PM

Something like this?

Attached Image: ORTS_Black_Ground.jpg

#3 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President

Posted 31 October 2019 - 02:46 AM

View PostATW, on 30 October 2019 - 09:30 PM, said:

Something like this?

Attachment ORTS_Black_Ground.jpg

Hi...

Thanks so much - hah - guess I was looking for the easy way out - nice job !

:sign_thanks:

Regards,
Scott

#4 User is offline   Eldorado.Railroad 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 31 October 2019 - 07:27 PM

Unless you have the original artwork, making this "hi-res" is a tall order. Just how "high-res " does it need to be, 2048x2048? You can try a raster to vector conversion which will nuke a lot of the color gradations the logo has, but can be re-constituted with some grunt work in a paint program. You might try tracing this in InkScape and redoing the colors. To my way of thinking it would be so very nice to make this a true 3D logo (in a shape file of some kind), where anybody can enhance the final rendering. Your next project?

#5 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President

Posted 01 November 2019 - 03:52 AM

View PostEldorado.Railroad, on 31 October 2019 - 07:27 PM, said:

Unless you have the original artwork, making this "hi-res" is a tall order. Just how "high-res " does it need to be, 2048x2048? You can try a raster to vector conversion which will nuke a lot of the color gradations the logo has, but can be re-constituted with some grunt work in a paint program. You might try tracing this in InkScape and redoing the colors. To my way of thinking it would be so very nice to make this a true 3D logo (in a shape file of some kind), where anybody can enhance the final rendering. Your next project?

Hi Steve,

[PUBLIC DOMAIN]
File Updated Here: http://www.elvastowe...post__p__252479

I would have thought someone on the ORTS Team had the original source ?

Funny you should mention it though - as it turns out - to suit my needs I did have to create one from scratch... LOL - I actually had to do it twice as PSP crashed as I was about to save my first one...

While I did create the logo using Vector - unfortunately - Paint Shop Pro won't export in Vector format - everything is Rasterized first (I think Corel wants you to purchase their Vector product to do so)...

As I am an avid supporter of ORTS - I would be more than happy to share my work...

I would think 1024x1024 for a logo should be a high enough resolution to suit most needs - it's certainly far higher than anything I could find on the original... I saved the files in the attached ZIP as PNG - to support "transparent" backgrounds suitable for placing over other images... I included a few variations that should accommodate a variety of situations... I did clean up the centering and spacing a bit for a more balanced logo...

Hopefully - these might prove of some use to the cause...

I like the first one I posted - perhaps ORTS would want to consider an official update to the logo - as it seems to offer more pop than the original ?

Just a background color that seems to play very nicely with the original logo colors:
Attached Image: ORTS_Logo2.jpg

Includes both a white background and an isolated transparent background:
Attached Image: ORTS_Logo2_1.jpg

Just the basic silhouette on an isolated transparent background suitable for your own artwork:
Attached Image: ORTS_Logo2_3.jpg

Regards,
Scott

Attached File(s)

#6 User is offline   Eldorado.Railroad 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 03 November 2019 - 08:55 AM

Scott,

Thanks for uploading these pngs. You did a really great cleanup job as the original .jpg was rather "noisy" to deal with!

I can see that you added drop shadows to give the appearance of depth. Two thumbs up on that! I assume that you used layers to accomplish the effect.

I wonder that since the subject of original artwork was broached whether you would me amenable to uploading the .psp files from Paint Shop Pro? It might allow for some collaboration in the future.

Great stuff,
Steve

#7 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President

Posted 05 November 2019 - 04:23 AM

View PostEldorado.Railroad, on 03 November 2019 - 08:55 AM, said:

Scott,

Thanks for uploading these pngs. You did a really great cleanup job as the original .jpg was rather "noisy" to deal with!

I can see that you added drop shadows to give the appearance of depth. Two thumbs up on that! I assume that you used layers to accomplish the effect.

I wonder that since the subject of original artwork was broached whether you would me amenable to uploading the .psp files from Paint Shop Pro? It might allow for some collaboration in the future.

Great stuff,
Steve

Hi Steve,

Happy to help...

I missed the fact that the track was shadowed on the original - it was of that poor quality... I'll update the pack and upload it again...

The shadow you mentioned - really isn't a shadow - it's a relatively new trick I learned - I call it "Poor Man's Ambient Occlusion"... Anytime you want to make an object (3D or pseudo 3D) appear to have a presence on a flat face - I simply "select" the original shape - then create a layer below it - modify the selection to "feather" the shape (in this case like 20 pixels) - and flood fill with black - then adjust accordingly... The original shape obscures most of the black layer below it - leaving a black shaded halo around it... It's intended to kind of replicate what ambient light would do - similar to ambient occlusion (without ray-tracing) - in a very simple manner... If you wanted to do the same on a dark background - simply swap the black feathered flood fill for white... It seems to have great effect and impact - I use it on my models now as well... What I would call "shadows" - are directional...

I would have included my PSP - unfortunately - the font I found that most closely resembled the original was from a "payware" pack I have loaded on my PC - therefore - anyone else trying to use it would need the same payware loaded on their machine... Without it - PSP - when loading - would prompt the user to locate a new font since it wouldn't find the original - defeating the whole purpose, mangling the image, and destroying any value from my shared PSP file...

I'll add a new post with the updated files when I complete them...

Regards,
Scott

#8 User is offline   Eldorado.Railroad 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 06 November 2019 - 04:45 PM

View Postscottb613, on 05 November 2019 - 04:23 AM, said:

I'll add a new post with the updated files when I complete them...

Ok Scott, I look forward to this updated logo upload!

Steve

#9 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President

Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:32 AM

View PostEldorado.Railroad, on 06 November 2019 - 04:45 PM, said:

Ok Scott, I look forward to this updated logo upload!

Steve

Hi Steve,

Took a bit more time with this as it might be used for more than just my personal use...

Same formats as before - just with added refinements...

You need the PNG's in the file attachment to get transparent backgrounds...

[Public Domain]
Attached File  SCO_ORTS_Logo2.zip (767.49K)
Number of downloads: 462

IMG_1 - suggested background color.
Attached Image: ORTS_Logo3.jpg

IMG_2 - white background and isolated transparent background suitable for posting over other images.
Attached Image: ORTS_Logo3_1.jpg

IMG_3 - black isolated silhouette on transparent background suitable for custom artwork.
Attached Image: ORTS_Logo3_3.jpg

IMG_4 - slate grey theme ?
Attached Image: ORTS_Logo3_5.jpg

Regards,
Scott

#10 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:33 AM

That slate grey one could be useful. I may use it for some preview images, especially on some backgrounds

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users