• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shape File Viewer DDS Compatibility Updated Software Attached Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Stephen Hjellum 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 29 October 2019 - 06:33 PM

I'll echo what railguy has said, mine is also 2.2.237 with sfCanvas being 1.2.160. Where do we find that update?

#12 User is offline   burgerbern 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:39 PM

for me Shape Viewer is V 2.2.237 and sfCanvas is V 1.3.180

I installed the new trainlib.ocx file from the link in post 1 into my shape viewer directory (not windows) overwriting the original one which is on my "H" drive where all of my Trainsim content is and where Shape Viewer installed it eons ago when it was first installed

and Scott i misread your query re ace files not being present and unticking the use dds textures box, so my original reply was in error, no if only dds textures present and no ace then unticking use dds textures will not load the car or engine

#13 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President

Posted 30 October 2019 - 03:00 AM

View Postdecapod, on 29 October 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

It might be a good idea to report the versions of the ones that work and the ones that crash.

Under the Help -> About SView menu. Should normally be 2.2.237
and the old About sfCanvas should be 1.2.171 or higher - this is the trainlib.ocx version. This new OCX is 1.3.179(?)

(also an example of a failing file and where to get it from may be useful :) )

I might have to take a look at the logic for loading DDS files too - just installed Open Rails :)

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Wow - this was an unexpected surprise !!! I'll email you a quick little primer on the state of ORTS - you might see your old content in a whole new light...

Attached File  thO0O0JFGD.jpg (14.28K)
Number of downloads: 2

Regards,
Scott

#14 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President

Posted 30 October 2019 - 03:02 AM

View Postburgerbern, on 29 October 2019 - 11:39 PM, said:

for me Shape Viewer is V 2.2.237 and sfCanvas is V 1.3.180

I installed the new trainlib.ocx file from the link in post 1 into my shape viewer directory (not windows) overwriting the original one which is on my "H" drive where all of my Trainsim content is and where Shape Viewer installed it eons ago when it was first installed

and Scott i misread your query re ace files not being present and unticking the use dds textures box, so my original reply was in error, no if only dds textures present and no ace then unticking use dds textures will not load the car or engine

Hi Bernard,

Thanks so much - I only get to mess with the sim on weekend - so a big thank you - I just wanted to understand the ramifications of various settings...

:sign_thanks:

Regards,
Scott

#15 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 30 October 2019 - 05:29 AM

Just for information, I placed the trainlib.ocx file in the shape viewer directory just as Bernard did, so I'm thinking that my older sfCanvas version may be the issue. Where do I get the newer sfCanvas version? Thanks.

#16 User is offline   burgerbern 

• Conductor

Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:35 PM

View Postrailguy, on 30 October 2019 - 05:29 AM, said:

Just for information, I placed the trainlib.ocx file in the shape viewer directory just as Bernard did, so I'm thinking that my older sfCanvas version may be the issue. Where do I get the newer sfCanvas version? Thanks.

the one i used is the one offered as a download in post 1 of this thread, that is the one that has just been updated by Paul as mentioned by scott in that post

#17 User is offline   burgerbern 

• Conductor

Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:39 PM

View PostStephen Hjellum, on 29 October 2019 - 06:33 PM, said:

I'll echo what railguy has said, mine is also 2.2.237 with sfCanvas being 1.2.160. Where do we find that update?

see post #1 of this thread it a download in that thread

#18 User is offline   burgerbern 

• Conductor

Posted 30 October 2019 - 02:12 PM

View Postscottb613, on 30 October 2019 - 03:02 AM, said:

Hi Bernard,

Thanks so much - I only get to mess with the sim on weekend - so a big thank you - I just wanted to understand the ramifications of various settings...

:sign_thanks:

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott, sorry i have to apologise again, i just tested all 3 possibilities of dds files against ace files in ORTS and this is the correct answer

1: running the class 50 in the original default MSTS install (definately no dds files in there ) with the use dds files if present box ticked and it showed just fine
2: i ran a consist from CN Ruel sub with was only dds textures with the use dds textures box unticked and the consist shows just fine
3 run a consist where i knew the wagons had both ace and dds textures with and without the box ticked and again both worked fine

so i surmise that ORTS will run with either ace or dds just fine but with the box unticked it will use ace files if present in preference and if none present will use the dds files,
if the box is ticked then if there are ace files and dds files it will use the dds in preference but if only ace files it will use those.

i have just tried something with the updated trainlib.ocx and found that one thing no longer works (although i rarely use it and am not that bothered) but in shape viewer you could view consists as well as engines/wagons seperately, this still works with ace file enabled shapes but not with a consist that has dds enabled ones

now i need to find a shape with non square textures to try the new updated trainlib.ocx out

#19 User is offline   Eldorado.Railroad 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:08 PM

for those who are having troubles...I just did a re-install from:

SView2_2_237.zip

which gives:

Sview = 2.2.237
sfCanvas = 1.2172

Under Win7 changing trainlib.ocx to the one provided works with DDS. Why I never noticed that Sview supports non square textures is beyond me.:Neeeedsleeep:

Thanks,
Steve

#20 User is offline   Stephen Hjellum 

• Conductor

Posted 30 October 2019 - 08:20 PM

Reinstalling did the trick (who knew? Sometimes I can be a schmuck, I'll be the first to admit it).

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users