Elvas Tower: Dispatch Window - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dispatch Window A well-hidden feature Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 27 October 2019 - 11:29 AM

I have created a blueprint to change the way this window is opened.

Pressing Ctrl+9 makes this window visible in theory, minimises it and adds it at the very end of the windows on the Desktop. To view it for the first time, you might use the key combination Alt+Shift+Tab, which is rotten usability.

I have discovered how to change the code so that Ctrl+9 opens it in the foreground, so that's what this blueprint proposes.

Also, does anyone know why access to the Dispatch Window is an option in Menu > Options > General > Dispatcher Window? Is it a performance hog that might need to be disabled?

#2 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 27 October 2019 - 01:18 PM

Hi Chris,
I have noticed that moving the viewpoint in the dispatcher window visibly impacts the Sim. No problem if Sim is paused.
Autopilot increases stuttering and has several times caused a ctd. (I5Quadcore3gHz 8gigram gtx650ti alldiskSSD)

regards,
vince

#3 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 27 October 2019 - 01:21 PM

Re the option, I'm for removing it. I assume it had been inserted when the feature was created and maybe it wasn't yet sure if it could be working and usable.

#4 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 04 November 2019 - 12:07 PM

View Postcjakeman, on 27 October 2019 - 11:29 AM, said:

Pressing Ctrl+9 makes this window visible in theory, minimises it and adds it at the very end of the windows on the Desktop. To view it for the first time, you might use the key combination Alt+Shift+Tab, which is rotten usability.

I have discovered how to change the code so that Ctrl+9 opens it in the foreground, so that's what this blueprint proposes.

Yay!

View Postcjakeman, on 27 October 2019 - 11:29 AM, said:

Also, does anyone know why access to the Dispatch Window is an option in Menu > Options > General > Dispatcher Window? Is it a performance hog that might need to be disabled?

I believe it still has weird performance issues with the rest of the code, but, if you can be confident that they won't affect people until they open the window, please do remove the option.

If the performance issues exist when the window is not open (but the option is selected), we can either keep the option or attempt to resolve the issues.

#5 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 19 January 2020 - 04:51 AM

Problem with DispatchWindow too is that is openend and you click on the map for handle switches, signals… Youre cabviewcontrols be handled too.

Same with Sounddebug window…

I hope in case API there comes a standalone dispatch window that you can play dispatcher on a other PC or tablet in youre network. (WebServer)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users