• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Signal light glow not always working I think I broke it Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 22 October 2019 - 06:23 AM

I've been making some signal systems of my own lately, and seem to have run into a minor problem. As one may have guessed, the light glow feature doesn't work on any of my systems. At first I wondered if the light texture could interfere with it as I made custom ones, but in a test on one of the default routes the light glowed fine with one of my textures. So that basically leaves a sigcfg file issue. I haven't put any glow-controls into my signal files, except maybe on semaphores where I turned off daytime lights. But why would my system need them when a default route doesn't? That's what gets me...

For reference, one of my systems is now available at T-S:

https://www.trainsim...right&fid=34950

#2 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 23 October 2019 - 03:46 AM

Hello Travis,

the signalglow does work as normal, however the signal light is so small that the standard glow (3) does not amplify the light enough to make it visible at the distance at which the glow becomes active.
Below is what the glow looks like if dayglow is set to 20 [ORSTDayGlow ( 20 )].

Attached Image: Signals1.jpg

By the way, I get a strange 'pixelating' effect on these signals, look at the dwarf in particular. Any idea why?

Attached Image: Signals2.jpg

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#3 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant

Posted 23 October 2019 - 06:52 AM

Do I have to put ORTSDayGlow ( 20 ) in every signal type now? Ugh... I resume night glow would have to be done, as well?

I just had someone else report the pixelating effect. I think it has to do with the use of .dds textures (my .ace textured stuff never did that), which I started using on that system. They work fine on my computer, though, so short of going back to .aces, I'm not sure how to fix that

#4 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:17 PM

View Postebnertra000, on 23 October 2019 - 06:52 AM, said:

Do I have to put ORTSDayGlow ( 20 ) in every signal type now? Ugh... I resume night glow would have to be done, as well?

That took me less than a minute, by using an editor with a repeat function : Vim.

I just had someone else report the pixelating effect. I think it has to do with the use of .dds textures (my .ace textured stuff never did that), which I started using on that system. They work fine on my computer, though, so short of going back to .aces, I'm not sure how to fix that

I will have a look and see what happens if I use .ace files.
By the way, I still use the XNA version, not Monogame.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#5 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant

Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:12 PM

I just set the glow on one system, it wasn't that, just a few minutes to get dialed in. I settled on 7, actually.

As for the texture issue, I'm hoping a solid answer comes back so I know if I can fix it, since I'd like to still use .dds textures. It's looking more and more like the future

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users